Opinions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
The seller has a positive feedback of 99.8% on over 83,000 sales, got to be doing something right. I imagine that they make their living from eBay, so are not as likely to sell hooky goods.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Okay, so what would be a sensible offer - all other things being equal that they've done 5000 miles but according to him the 'rim wear is light'. I want a front and rear and as you can see the rear is at a buy now of £199 and the front, not linked, he wants £169.

What do you think their worth?

mattobrien

Guru
Well if you are making an offer, the last thing you want is your first offer accepted. Maybe offer £120 for the rear and £100 for the front. The worst they can do is say no.

I have had friends who have had silly offers accepted, you never know, they might just want shot of them.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Thanks people, VamP, that's a good find but I'm also considering these...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CH8QFjAG&url=http://2011.pro-lite.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=159&Itemid=48&ei=GCqmUbmICMjV0QW2o4HwCw&usg=AFQjCNEM9CDmQhSkVzIDr2UN-d5wShJHcA&sig2=YzRi4mhir09lBepcUSwLZg

The Pro-Lite Bracciano...? There seem to be good reviews everywhere with the exception of one which was Cycling Weekly by Hannah Bussey this year, given 3.5 out of 5 but immediately repudiated by owner after owner...

Thanks anyway, more food for thought.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Used and with no warranty or accessories (hub bearing preload tool, M7 spoke key, valve extender etc. if relevant), I see no reason buying any non-vintage/uncollectable parts for more than 50% or 60% at most of new price of comparable items if they exist, and which VamP has usefully provided, meaning say £190 for the pair, which this golfing outfit is most unlikely to accept given these have only just been listed, but you will be tied until their decision - so if I were to make such an offer I would keep duration to a day. I would probably just buy the new ones from Merlin, or wait for a better deal.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Used and with no warranty or accessories (hub bearing preload tool, M7 spoke key, valve extender etc. if relevant), I see no reason buying any non-vintage/uncollectable parts for more than 50% or 60% at most of new price of comparable items if they exist, and which VamP has usefully provided, meaning say £190 for the pair, which this golfing outfit is most unlikely to accept given these have only just been listed, but you will be tied until their decision - so if I were to make such an offer I would keep duration to a day. I would probably just buy the new ones from Merlin, or wait for a better deal.

Thanks, despite them being SSC SLs, I can't find any accurate information on how old they are and would assume that they are around 2008 and with no significant weight advantage over the standard Ksyriums.

Thanks.

Top Bottom