Opticians... the good, the bad and the ugly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
And never get a Labrador dog. Have you seen how many of their owners go blind.

ASC1951

Guru
I now go to a local Boots opticians and have been very happy with the service I've had there. Again it does depend on the individual person to a certain extent.
Same here. Nothing but good service from them for 20+ years. I don't get my glasses there, but only because they don't have frames that I like.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My cousin does... she had the treatment 3 weeks ago and her sight is still not clear [yet]
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope it sorts itself out. First tale of its kind I've ever heard - or heard about (and I did quite a lot of research before taking the plunge myself).

Maz

Guru
Don't listen to nonsense. Get your eyes lazered. No-one ever regrets it.
My nephew got his done about 3/4 weeks ago. Still not got clear sight yet. How long should it take??

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
They don't know what's up yet... may be due to unequal density in the aqueous humour in her eye causing the focal length to alter or possibly may be a large but virtually undetectable plate 'floater'....but was never an issue with her glasses or contact lenses.

Have always used Boots except this last time and never had a problem. they listen to me which is a good start because despite being a woman, I am partially colour blind (head injury causing eye sight damage). They also have this great device for taking a picture of you and showing you what the new glasses would look like on you (whilst you wear your own glasses to see it) which helps considerably because without my glasses I can't even read the top letter on the eye charts!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
We use a local independent for my lad, he's 5 and his glasses get the usual rough treatment 5 year-olds hand out, his glasses go back on a regular basis to be readjusted and knocked back into shape, they've always done on the spot repairs and have never charged us for this. Service I rec.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Vote for local shop here. Find out if you have any family history of eye problems and tell them. They should be able to pick up the early signs of common problems of aging like cataracts and macular degeneration, make sure they check for them.

Top Bottom