Orbea avant FD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sapper69

Hello, I am the owner of a 2016 Orbea Avant, a week ago, as I was starting on my afternoon ride, my chain broke. It broke on of the outside links. I haven't been able to ride ever since, even after installing a new chain. I have not been able to adjust the FD at all, it rubs against the big and small chain ring. I slide it up, tighten the clamp screw back on, but it slides down again once I started shifting. I took the bike to the LBS, and they said some screws were loose. Brought the bike back home and same problem still exist. Bought a new FD, problem still not solved, same issues over and over. I love my Orbea, but this is aggravating, any suggestions????

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just to clarify the front derailleur keeps slipping down? Perhaps the thread has stripped on the original and the replacement is the wrong diameter clamp? Surprised the LBS couldn't sort it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I believe this a carbon frame, in which case my band clamp comments do not apply. This looks like a warranty case with your supplying dealer unless you want it fixed locally.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
I haven't been able to ride ever since, even after installing a new chain. I have not been able to adjust the FD at all, it rubs against the big and small chain ring. I slide it up, tighten the clamp screw back on, but it slides down again once I started shifting.
While you sort this out you can ride your bike. Fit the FD, adjust the lower limit screw to keep it aligned for use with ONLY the small chain ring and use only the small chain ring. Do not attempt to change up on the FD (best to remove the cable). With a 50-34 and an 11-28 you will have a range of gears perfectly good enough for riding and would be able to ride at up to 64kph (at a cadence of 110). Your lower gears will of course be entirely unaffected. Ubique.

Top Bottom