Orbea Motirolo anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardt

A lesser known name as far as I can see, with some good write ups but there arent that many of them.

I am considering this along with some of the other suspects [Boardman / Cannondale etc.] but like the individuality of this as opposed to something a bit more mainstream.

As I said the reviews that I can find are quite good but there arent many, anybody on here give me any feedback, including maybe the best place to get one..........Epic???

thanks all.

Rich.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Lifetime frame guarantee / 2 year component warranty - what can go wrong?

Not sure where you are - Epic have a great website, but there might be dealers closer to home.

wafflycat

Orbea are a good make. Suppliers of bikes to the pro-peleton for the Euskaltel-Euskadi team for many years. If I was given an Orbea as a present, I would be rather pleased. At one point, was going to get WCMnr the Orbea Ora frameset as his time trial bike, but he ended up getting a Cervelo P2C as Cervelo gave that to him at cost price, and the Orbea delivery timescale was appalling. If the Orbea had been in stock anywhere at the time, he'd have had that.

http://www.orbea.com/en/

Chrisz

Über Member
'08 or '09 Onix?

I nearly got an '08 but wesn't keen on the way it looked like it had a bent back - over the moon with my '09 Onix frame though :biggrin:

I would be interested to see how you found the Onix and how much was it?. I have been saving for ages and it is one of the bikes on my short list that is a little too long at the moment !

marchammer

Ive got the 09 Onix.Great bike handles great and looks amazing.I paid £1300 for my Onix bira.But looking at the epic site i see they do a 2010 Orbea Onix TTG SE for £1279. link here http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/orbea.htm. pic here http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/images/orbea-onix-09bira-1000.jpg.

Chrisz

Über Member
Mista Preston said:
I would be interested to see how you found the Onix and how much was it?. I have been saving for ages and it is one of the bikes on my short list that is a little too long at the moment !

I discovered (via plenty of internet searching) that the new '09 frame was coming out in the new year (I was looking for a Christmas prezzie for myself). Unfortunately, at the time, the only pic in the Orbea Catalogue was a rather small on so I took a gamble and ordered the frameset via my LBS.

Once it arrived there was some 'discussion' over the phone about the colour - more bronze/orange than red - so I shot straight down there, looked at the frame and fell in love. Had it built up within a couple of hours (threw a sicki from work) and played up and down the road for the rest of the afternoon setting it up.

The framest cost me £1k - the rest cost me considerably more!!

th_DSCF8206.jpg

The ride (after having been riding an alu Giant OCR for the past 8 years) is fantastic and NO CRACKS!! ;)

benguin

The Onix is a great bike... I had the joy of owning one for a bit. 3 weeks in fact, until an idiot ran me over in her car. These three weeks on the bike had been superb though: the Onix was both very responsive and stiff and yet so comfortable. A great mix. Epic Cycles is a fantastic shop and I cannot recommend them enough. Now waiting to get compensation money to get myself a new Orbea. Orca this time, though...

ben

TVC

One of my bikes is an Orbea, great bike and as suggested something a little more exotic than your standard far eastern produced fleets. Orbea do a full custom service so if you go to your local suppler they will measure you up and you can spec a bike from what ever components you want (groupo, seat, bars etc) and the whole thing is built to your order in Spain. I even had my name factory painted on the frame.

my husband got an orbea onix from Paul Hewitt in Leyland - he is smitten ok it wasn't cheap but the aftersales is brilliant and he was measured up for it plus he had a triple put on - very hilly around us :smile:

go for it fantastic write ups and 2010 will see an increase in these bikes. whatever you pay divide it by 52 and see what you could buy with that weekly amout that will give you so much pleasure

i do this when i buy a new pair of shoes etc lol

this thread and pics is now making me seriously consider the Onix, it looks very nice and is very different. Currently looking at the Spesh Tarmac and Trek Modene.....dammit i hate choice :smile:

Chrisz

Über Member
The Spesh is a little passe these days - you see them everywhere :smile:

Treks are nice but an Orbea is still a fairly rare sight - although I'm considering changing clubs for my Sunday rides as there are now 3 Orbeas in our little clan :mrpig:

Top Bottom