Orbea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevey

Guru
HI all

I am currently in the market (£2000) for a new bike an was wondering if anyone has an Orbea road bike? If so what is the ride like, how do they handle, Etc,etc

Currently using 2015 Cannondale synapse. (Want to try something different)

Current Synapse to me they are a bit Meh, especially the cable routing

Thanks.

kiwifruit

Über Member
Hi @stevey, I got an Avant M20 Team D,I find the ride is a little bit too stiff, feeling all the bumps compare to my Canyon Endurace.

Attachments

• 436170B8-318F-4B0F-8EE6-C19373A7B418.jpeg
    436170B8-318F-4B0F-8EE6-C19373A7B418.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 10

Anonymous1502

Thanks guys for the reply's will check out the trek range as my lower back will not be happy with a harsh ride...
The new trek range looks really good to me. I would get the domane SL6, if I could afford it personally (I know it's out of your budget too)

chris-suffolk

Maybe too late, but

I've got an Orbea Opal that I've had for a few years now. Def quite sporty, but also comfy for a full days ride, and then another and then another. I find it's nice and responsive, without being twitchy, and will hold a good line at speed (something I came to value in the Alps a couple of years back). Very predictable.

Not sure the Opal is made anymore, but the Orca is similar, and I'd def say get a test ride if you can manage to. I tried many bikes when I bought mine, and this was far and away the best for me. Being full carbon (and made in house (or at least mine was) not in China) it's get a fair amount of flex in the right places and stiffness where it's needed.

chris-suffolk

You can occassionally pick up the Opal 2nd hand (not sure how you fell about 2nd hand carbon), but may be worth a look. Try googling Orbea Opal for about 2008 - 10, you might be surprised, not least by the prices for frame only (if they are correct). Was a top bike in its' day.

Top Bottom