Orbit should i purchase?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nah, I have hit N, no room for any more (no need either .................................mind you if a tadpole came up cheap. :whistle:)

Available free from many local ponds:

tadpole-swimming.jpg

Kippaxaus

i bought a Thompson Orbit from Andy Thompson himself a few years back , it was one of a pr he made himself for his parents both in white
Hi I know this is an old post, but I purchased a Thompson orbit frame White with Red decals myself, last month. I live in Australia, so it's quite a rare frame here. I just wondered could you post a pic of the bike. assuming you still own it. Cheers

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi I know this is an old post, but I purchased a Thompson orbit frame White with Red decals myself, last month. I live in Australia, so it's quite a rare frame here. I just wondered could you post a pic of the bike. assuming you still own it. Cheers

Hi sorry sold it a while back will try and find a picture though do you have any you can share with us ?

Kippaxaus

Hi sorry sold it a while back will try and find a picture though do you have any you can share with us ?
Ok so I know I said I would take a photo on the weekend......better late than never. I have been giving the paint some love and it is starting to shine!! it was a very dry/powdery white. I don't wan to lose the original paint and decals on it. So will just touch it up here and there.

Attachments

• 20181202_174725.jpg
    20181202_174725.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 31

Kippaxaus

I think i read somewhere that all the "thompson" Orbits were made in Dudley and Andy Thompson the then owner lived in the Midlands

@Kippaxaus any idea how it has ended up on the other side of the world ?
Looks nice anyway
's

I guess it made it's way over here, just like my old Peugeot did, someone once loved it and couldn't bare to leave it behind in the mother country. I picked mine up from a local bike mechanic, after i told him i was looking out for a 531 frame. it came with a Stronglight crank, Formos brake levers (they actually look ok) and un-named brakes. Sakae Champion bars made in England. The paint did look very sad, but it has started to improve after gently polishing it. I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road. I do have some nice Suntour Superbe Pro bits & pieces. I'm not sure yet which way to go. I have already half inched the Brooks seat off another of my bikes.

Top Bottom