Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
update 2.jpg update 3.jpg
Tricross Elite with rack, and guards with DIY flaps.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
My Boardman Team Hybrid. My commute is only 1.1 mile each way so it probably gets more use nipping to Tescos/Sainsburys and for family bike rides.

02042012431.jpg

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
I haven't got a pic with it pimped up with commuting bits and bobs, this was took just after I'd unwrapped it. Most comfortable flat bar I've owned. :wub:

IMG_1729.jpg

Sara_H

Guru
af8113c3.jpg

Dawews Sonoran - Commuter, shopper, tourer and general good fun bike!

I like to have a basket cos I live at the top of a big hill, so start off with many layers which get peeled off a bit at a ttime as I start to pedal on the flat/phill - find it easier to just chuck stuff into the basket.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Mine may not fit with the theme of a robust reliable commuting bike, but it is what I use to get to work as well as for pleasure rides at the weekend.

standalone

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mine may not fit with the theme of a robust reliable commuting bike, but it is what I use to get to work as well as for pleasure rides at the weekend.
i would not dare commute on the weekender,to many numpties knocking bikes to get into the racks...
Nice looking ride !

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
i would not dare commute on the weekender,to many numpties knocking bikes to get into the racks...
Nice looking ride !

I am a bit spoilt on that front. Bike comes into the office with me, stays in a carpeted reception, or if a client is due in, hides in the server room. I wouldn't leave in the Sheffield stands in the car park.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
as of later in week this will be my next commuter an all original Orbit complete with 531c tube set made by former MD at Orbit Cycles , for his father . He only ever rode it once to the shops and then abandoned it in his garage. The period Huret mileometer reads 3.4 miles!

It's unique because back then the Thompson name was only used for race bikes and Orbit on the tourers but I thought my dad would appreciate a bike with the family name. It's not a custom frame, I just used one off the production line, but it was assembled to a custom spec. It's 531 C throughout and the seat tube is 23" centre to top.

apart from tyres and tubes perished might swap saddle for a b17 and replace bars for come drops

DSCF0005.JPG

Jdratcliffe

my 365 day commute ( dont have the cash to have a winter hack or a best bike) :-( plus SWMBO would say more then 1 is too many any hoo

IMG_1499[1].jpg
Does me good for my 44 miles a day round trip and the odd weekend blasts no racks as its kept in cupboard next to my desk and a back pack with lunch and spares is all i need do need the dual bottle cages thou :-) 2nd bottle is on my desk atm

Top Bottom