Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john59

Guru
[QUOTE 1829216, member: 45"]Nice bike. Traditional thorn overplay on the spacers I see![/quote]

To be fair I did ask Thorn not to cut the steerer down until I'd decided on my positioning. I've just not bothered to have it cut down.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
Luscious Gordon - my disk-brake steel frame commuter that I made on a Dave Yates course last year. She's a beauty! Must get a better photo though.... She's the naked frame in my profile pic!
Luscious G.jpg

HovR

Über Member
Luscious Gordon - my disk-brake steel frame commuter that I made on a Dave Yates course last year. She's a beauty! Must get a better photo though.... She's the naked frame in my profile pic!

Very nice! It's one thing to be able to say your bike is hand/custom made - But being able to say that you made it yourself is pretty awesome.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

nice bike. i have a similar set up with disk brakes but my rear rack is a massive bulky disk specific one, which looks horrid. Your one looks much smaller, how does the rack avoid the brakes?

Bodhbh

Guru
Luscious Gordon - my disk-brake steel frame commuter that I made on a Dave Yates course last year. She's a beauty! Must get a better photo though.... She's the naked frame in my profile pic! View attachment 9282

He's the guy up in the wolds? How was the course? If I had more holidays in the year and a spare grand I would love to use that as a weeks holiday.

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
nice bike. i have a similar set up with disk brakes but my rear rack is a massive bulky disk specific one, which looks horrid. Your one looks much smaller, how does the rack avoid the brakes?

I's a Tubus 'Fly'. Nice and sleek but carries a fair load - about 20kg.
Now, you might be screwed on the brake thing as this is a bike I built with special drop-outs that allowed the rear disks to be mounted within the rear triangle...I'll make you one next time :smile:

BrazingSaddles

Über Member
He's the guy up in the wolds? How was the course? If I had more holidays in the year and a spare grand I would love to use that as a weeks holiday.

Yep, that's the man! Course was great (and was a Christmas/pre-wedding gift from husband - bribery!) but I had a little advantage as I had some prior experience of steel work and general fettling/building (furniture). It was well worth it for me as I wanted a road bike with disk brakes that was the right size - couldn't really get the same thing off the peg. Dave, however, was initially not convinced about disk brakes + road bikes but he soon changed his mind when we started working on it. Already signed up to do another course with The Bicycle Acadamy -
http://www.thebicycleacademy.org/ TBA will share more of the 'knowledge' side of frame building rather than just the making which really appeals to me.
Do it!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I's a Tubus 'Fly'. Nice and sleek but carries a fair load - about 20kg.
Now, you might be screwed on the brake thing as this is a bike I built with special drop-outs that allowed the rear disks to be mounted within the rear triangle...I'll make you one next time :smile:

Oh, thanks,

my brake calliper s outside the rear triangle so I am stuck with my bulky ugly thing.

Top Bottom