Orchestral manouevres on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cannot remember where I lifted this from.
3F56061B-9144-4126-A71F-24CB719F948F.png

Very good, thanks!

I'm half-way through - it's really very little to do with the technology it's played on. Lots of interesting music and lyrics, mostly on enviromental themes:

Kate Molleson presents the very latest in new music performance including the world premiere of a new piece commissioned by London Sinfonietta, Laura Bowler's Houses Slide for soprano and ensemble. With a text created by Cordelia Lynn using submissions from members of the public and directed by Katie Mitchell, Houses Slide is an industry-first as the performance recorded earlier this month at London's Royal Festival Hall is powered entirely by bicycles. Described as music that moves, that rages, and ultimately that unites us, Houses Slide describes one woman's intimate psychological journey to figure out her response to the climate crisis, from an initial depressing realisation of the gravity of the issue, through to her refusal to be overwhelmed and decision to take positive action.

Also on the programme, music commissioned for Crash Ensemble’s Reaction project as part of New Music Dublin 2021, and new releases from Tansy Davies, Carmen Baliero and Yuji Takahashi.

David Fennessy: JACK for two unplugged electric guitars Rachael Lavelle: There is the Space Between Your Hand and Mine Crash Ensemble New Music Dublin 2021

Laura Bowler: Houses Slide (2021: world premiere) Jessica Aszodi, mezzo soprano Matt Fairclough, live electronics Sian Edwards, conductor London Sinfonietta

Yuji Takahashi: 6 Stoicheia Tokyo Contemporary Soloists Yoichi Sugiyama, conductor

Anna Murray: Cross-purposes Crash Ensemble New Music Dublin 2021
Carmen Baliero: Dale Carmen Baliero, singer

Anselm McDonnell: Cross-purposes Deirdre Gribbin: Provoked City Crash Ensemble New Music Dublin 2021
Tansy Davies: Dune of Footprints Norwegian Radio Orchestra Karen Kamensek, conductor
Carmen Baliero: Solo Carmen Baliero, singer

Top Bottom