Ordered placed ... now let the fun begin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Well after a lot of looking, thinking , reading and some great help on here.
Ive just ordered my 1st road bike.

In the end after trying a few out the Ribble Sportive Racing Green fitted just right.
Ended up going via the bike builder option worked out better value in the end £65 more than the pre build on offer and better spec all round.

Just have to sit and wait now , cant wait to get out on it like being a little kid all over again.

So thank you guy's for the help and no doubt it will be 1st of many as I learn along the way.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@tom73 how long is the lead time ?

and pics please once you get it

gbb

Legendary Member
Excellent stuff.
Ribble were bang on their proposed delivery time to me so no problems there.
I have a New (now old) Sportive Racing / Campag Veloce brought circa 2012 and its still working perfectly. I suspect the geometry will be almost exactly the same and i used to ride up to 80 miles with no great discomfort...the Superleggera saddle isnt the best by a long chalk but thats minor. No problems with the frame at all, no flex , nothing.

Enjoy :okay:

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Well what a day came back off holiday to find my neighbour had been baby sitting a big box... yes guy's it has arrived :hyper:
Soon had it set up .... my new bike all ready to go...

Attachments

• IMG_2636.JPG
    IMG_2636.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2634.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Update ... Well i have been out for my 1st ride this evening and i love every bit of it got in about 5 miles around a few back streets and around my local area. Keeping in a straight line with some of bad roads is a challenge. even did a few hills noting too mad just steady and enjoying the ride. Early morning ride i tomorrow i think i know just the place to go... Think i'm hooked already .....;)

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
See your point but it is more to do with the picture it look's right , no way of moving anyway, it feels ok when am sat on it , so not sure if its wrong or not.

Top Bottom