Ordered placed ... now let the fun begin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shirokazan

Veteran
See your point but it is more to do with the picture it look's right , no way of moving anyway, it feels ok when am sat on it , so not sure if its wrong or not.

I always set the saddle to be parallel to the ground. You say there's no way of moving it but there's almost certainly a bolt that can be loosened off with a suitably-sized allen key, near to where the saddle rails are. I can almost see it in the picture but not quite (needs a close-up picture of where the saddle joins the seat post).

Last edited:
OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
@shirokazan i think i can see your point having looked it can slide alone the top a little

Attachments

• IMG_2639.JPG
    IMG_2639.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 54

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Go on YouTube see videos about bike fit, how to get everything adjusted just right for your bike in relation to your body shape/size, does make a big difference ..

Serge

Über Member
Well what a day came back off holiday to find my neighbour had been baby sitting a big box... yes guy's it has arrived :hyper:
Soon had it set up .... my new bike all ready to go...
Looks fantastic, here's to many years of pleasure (raises beer).

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
right guy's i think i've fixed the issue its now looking better.

thanks for letting me know and not making me feel silly about it :smile:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Looks great :becool:

The saddle is definitely adjustable, looks like two bolts to undo underneath the clamp then you should be able to rotate it down and slide it forward and back. It should be flat but some people prefer a small amount of up or down tilt. Start with it level and only move it a little at a time from there until it's just right :okay: You'll probably find you want to rotate the handle bars forward slightly over time too, your wrist should be in its natural position when riding on the hoods :smile:

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
So day 2 misty early morning ride a bit nippy went well nothing to see but fields , birds and the odd bunny oh and crow hell bent on knocking me off but he lost. Odd stop along way just to check bike was ok.
7.5 mile not too bad a few hills along the way not the most exciting route but boy did i love it. :smile:

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Hard day at work once home normally gym night but felt like going nothing. But thought no get on the bike. Just back and still buzzing :hyper: just over 11 miles few hills but the views kept me going. Cant think of many better way to unwind. Traffic free county lanes most part so had a go at riding out the saddle (it's coming back to me though it feel a bit different on road bike)
Good job i packed a multi-tool though had a bit of a pit stop to sort out lose handle bars.

Attachments

• IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2642.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2641.JPG
    IMG_2641.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Looks beautiful :okay: I had a most pleasant ride to and from work today, the weather was due to take a dive today but it turned out nice again :becool:

Top Bottom