Organic rare breed hand raised turkey for Christmas?

So which are you having?

• 10. Organic vegan feast of freshly dropped delights from the forest

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 1. The above - helicoptered in from Fortnums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. The above - the gamekeeper raises a few

• 3 Ptarmigan stuffed with quail - we tried it with woodcock but it burst

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 4 Aldi turkey meal for one

• 5. Bernard Matthews turkey type formed breastlets in cranberry batter

• 6 Another bottle of White Lightning

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 7. Beetroot sandwich

• 8. Mixed bean stew from the Corbyn Cookbook

• 9. Turkey twizzlers

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another rib of beef converter here; been speaking about it for years but decided to drop the turkey this year.

In honour of Patrick, I'll make sure I cook it "simply" and without fuss, making sure that I have all the necessary ingredients to complete the meal to hand; I shall nonchalantly rip herbs to impart a rustic feel, have on stand-by the final ingredients that nobody ever finds out whether they enter the final offering or not, then gently wave some stuff over the top of a pot to infuse an essence, and then start a thread about how very clever I am to be able to put it all together so easily and without any fuss whatsoever.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Another rib of beef converter here; been speaking about it for years but decided to drop the turkey this year.

In honour of Patrick, I'll make sure I cook it "simply" and without fuss, making sure that I have all the necessary ingredients to complete the meal to hand; I shall nonchalantly rip herbs to impart a rustic feel, have on stand-by the final ingredients that nobody ever finds out whether they enter the final offering or not, then gently wave some stuff over the top of a pot to infuse an essence, and then start a thread about how very clever I am to be able to put it all together so easily and without any fuss whatsoever.
Surely marinaded in Buckfast and deep fried in batter?

SD1

I am having a meal for two/three at my mothers residential home. The dog is digging in. I have a pick axe and a shovel.
Might be for one.

At home this year so fortunately not having whatever it was the ships cook came up with last year
12341245_10208438192260416_3723077986875461705_n.jpg

Apparently suckling pig. I'm not quite so sure it didn't bark when it was living.

This year lunch will be our usual, bacon sandwiches. We've no desire to spend hours cooking on the day. It started when kids were toddlers and we wanted to spend the day with them, not in the kitchen. Now one is at Uni, I work away a lot the same logic still applies. Christmas lunch is taken as a Christmas Eve supper.

Top Bottom