Ortileb click bar system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have a Ortileb handlebar bag with the clip system.

I am trying to find where I can buy the clip system by itself, so I can use the bag on other bikes.

Could someone help me out please?

Steve

Bodhbh

Guru
SJS are great for getting all the Orlieb spares:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/ortlieb-spares-dept810_pg1/

P.H

Über Member
The more modern ones also work with the Rixen Kaul KlikFix
Yes, and having used both I much prefer the R&K version, easier to fit, neater looking and you don't have to have a locking version the point of which I've never seen.

Bodhbh

Guru
a locking version the point of which I've never seen.

I actually quite like that. There's times now and then when you want to leave the bike within light of sight to do something or other, but can't be bothered to remove and carry the barbag. For example, you just want to pull a map out, sit down outside a cafe and grab a quick coffee. So you just lock the whole thing, lock the barbag in place and pootle off. If you remove the barbag, then as it's loose, you have to worry about it getting snatched from under your chair or leaving it.

I know, it's not a key feature (or it is, sorry bad pun) but once I got used to it being there I do use it.

Some people believe that these bags and panniers have straps for carying on your shoulder.

They are in fact for fastening your bag to furniture!

Placing the strap around a chair or table prevents it being taken.

Another vote for the KlickFix system however I do miss the ability to "lock" the bag to the bike. I got my KlickFix from http://Starbike.com.

We keep our barbags permantely locked onto the bikes and simply remove the contents when we leave the bikes. We have a cotton liner or plastic bag inside the barbag and just take that with us instead. We found the barbag awkard to carry and one of ours was forever coming off the straps, hitting the ground and the contents coming out...

P.H

Über Member
Another vote for the KlickFix system however I do miss the ability to "lock" the bag to the bike. I got my KlickFix from http://Starbike.com.

The R&K fitting is also available with a lock, giving you the choice.
I find a waterproof bar bag ideal for carrying around, I wouldn't feel easy leaving the contents (Wallet, phone, camera...) on the bike, locked or not. I don't understand how anyone would consider it any harder for a thief to open the bag and help themselves to the contents, than it would be to remove the bag.

Bodhbh

Guru
The R&K fitting is also available with a lock, giving you the choice....I wouldn't feel easy leaving the contents (Wallet, phone, camera...) on the bike, locked or not. I don't understand how anyone would consider it any harder for a thief to open the bag and help themselves to the contents, than it would be to remove the bag.

Well personally, I don't tend to have much valuable in the barbag cept for a fairly cheap camera and a 15quid phone for emergencies. I keep wallet and passport on me, barbag is for stuff I want handy en route. And it's such a mess in there for someone else, normally 1 or 2 guidebooks, 3-4 maps, rubber bands, headtorch and spare batteries, recipts, etc. I'm more worried about the whole thing being nicked cos something thinks there's valuables in it, then them sifting thru the mess while I'm not looking to get a worthless phone. I realise it might be different for others tho, and I prolly overload it too.

Top Bottom