Ortlieb outer pockets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are superb, and very secure.

You have to actually "bend" the fitting on the pocket to remove them. Pulling the pocket itself does not work.

I used them initially with the BikePackers in which case I ran the compression strap through the back of the pocket, simply as a precaution

However after several years I have never found them in a position where the actual fitting has failed.

CycleTourer

Veteran
We have used them for 3 years and found them very useful. They are usually quite secure and they have never come off cycling, however we did nearly loose one trying to get on to a train in a hurry. The pannier got caught on a door and popped off, fortunately it fell on the platform. I have now added some leashes using a couple of thin pieces of cord just in case it happens again.;)

OP
OP
xilios

xilios

Veteran
Thanx for the replies. Depending on the size we're interested in the ones that fit the front (roller classic) bags. We will like to be able to reach them without dismounting. On our old bags we were able to put food and fit (up to) 1.5L water bottles, which made them very handy.

Top Bottom