Ortlieb Ultimate 6 Pro Handle Bar Bag - New Model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ortlieb-Ultimate-6-Pro-back.jpg

Sharing this here as I thought there might be some interest in this new handlebar bag from Ortlieb. Not much information on it as yet and I haven't been able to find any retailers actually stocking it as yet.

The big changes from what I have gleaned is:

(1) Lid is designed to work with touchscreen devices;
(2) Lid now has a magnetic closure;
(3) Lid is lockable.

A little bit more and more photos on my blog for those interested. Oh if you come across stock anywhere or a price please do share.

Regards
Andrew

Brains

Legendary Member
Much as I love Ortalieb gear, I have 4 of the panniers and the rack bag, I've never been impressed with their bar bags, have yet to find a bar bag better than my one from Altura,

It only has three design faults, it's not waterproof (but does have a cover) and it has no mounting for lights and the map case could be 5mm bigger to fit a O/S map easier

What makes it better than the Ortalieb is
It has two external mesh pockets, good for compass, tissues, whistle, snacks
the strap can stay on the bag when its on the bike
It has the standard R&K fitting so clicks on off very easily and is transferable
It has 3 internal pockets (great for money, phone, keys etc
The lid has a big internal pocket (good for about 3 x OS maps)
The lid also has a transparent map pocket which is not removable
Main section and lid are both zipped
and most critical, it opens facing you on the bike.

It is also small, which stops you overloading it, as it is imperative that the bar bag only holds what is valuable or is needed whilst on the move
Basically as long as it will take a SLR, a map and a couple of sarnies and a rain jacket, that is big enough

Top Bottom