Other people's hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Golf. I cannot abide it. And my default attitude towards those who play it is one of dislike until they prove that despite their love of the gawf, they are alright.

purplepolly

PaulB said:

Oh god, I had to sit next to a golfer for about half a year at work. Longest six months of my life. xx(

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Cubist said:
Never mind Bus spotting, what about Eddy spotting?

Shoot mexx(
Id hate to do that, or real lorry spotting. I can appreciate a nice lorry, but writing down the lorry number plate, no thank you.
My GF gets me to look at the names on the Eddie trucks as we go past/when they are on the other side of the motorway:rolleyes:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
PaulB said:
Golf. I cannot abide it. And my default attitude towards those who play it is one of dislike until they prove that despite their love of the gawf, they are alright.

That explains your love/hate relationship with ace golfer Dayvo!

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Metal detecting I think would be fun for an hour, then when reality sets in and you realise that you are not going to find that £400,000 buglari necklace on camber sands in your first visit the equipment will go in the shed never to be seen again.

Stamp collecting and those silly walking races look pretty pointless!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
PaulB said:

Oh come on....I'm sure if you gave it a try, you'd love it. You just need to broaden your horizons.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Going to the pub as a pastime.

Never understood it. I used to ride through town most nights of the week, and you'd see the same people propping up the bar, or sucking toxic fumes from a fag in the doorway.

I would say I saw them 4 or 5 nights a week in the same pub.

If I drink I do it as a celebration of having done something, not for it to be the hobby.

rusky

CC Addict
Dogging..

edit: sorry, mis-interpreted the thread title B):biggrin::blush:

PaulB

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
Oh come on....I'm sure if you gave it a try, you'd love it. You just need to broaden your horizons.

When you come to a football match with me, then I'll swing a golf bat with you!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Metal-detecting, golf and cycling are each, in their own way, a kind of solace in a world brimming with anxiety. It ill behoves us to sneer.

Top Bottom