Other people's hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I imagine that the field full of metal detecting folk looked over the hedge and thought that I was the loon as I cycled by this morning but I can't imagine ever wanting to swap places.
Any hobbies you don't fancy?

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Bottle digging - you dig for 5-6 hours for a couple of codds worth £3 each and just occasionally get a pot lid that may be worth £70 or so.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
accountantpete said:
Bottle digging - you dig for 5-6 hours for a couple of codds worth £3 each and just occasionally get a pot lid that may be woth £70 or so.

Blimey, I've never even heard of that one! It makes metal detecting for ring pulls sound positively orgasmic.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I wouldn't want to do Pylon spotting. Metal detecting, dunno there's something fun sounding about that, even stripping any financial rewards out of it.

Velorum

I have often seen groups of 'bus spotters' in Reading armed with cameras and notebooks.

I would rather watch paint dry.

Velorum

marinyork said:
I wouldn't want to do Pylon spotting.

Pylon spotting?

Ive just googled it and come up with this

http://www.pylonofthemonth.org/

pylonofthemonth.jpg

Good god.

My brother has a mate who collects tractor seats! xx(

bonj2

rich p said:
I imagine that the field full of metal detecting folk looked over the hedge and thought that I was the loon as I cycled by this morning but I can't imagine ever wanting to swap places.
Any hobbies you don't fancy?

snowboarding/skiing. The blokes at my work are into it, but what's the point in a hobby that you can only do once or twice a year, unless you're really rich? It's essentially a holiday-only hobby isn't it.

bonj2

Velorum said:
Pylon spotting?

Ive just googled it and come up with this

http://www.pylonofthemonth.org/

pylonofthemonth.jpg

Good god.

I must say it's unexplainably slightly surreal when you're up right close to a pylon. There's a bit in wharncliffe woods where the bridlepath goes right under the power line really near a pylon, it's almost eerie in a weird way, can't really explain why. But i can't see why one's anydifferent to another - once you've seen one you've seen 'em all!

Brains

Legendary Member
Father of a friend was into Wartburg cars and London Trams (this was in the 1980's, so 30-40 years after the last tram)

Top Bottom