Ouch. Broken collar bone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mine was bloody painful for 3 months.Still aches some times
Yes. Really painful initially and took me a full 3 months too. I was undecided about the op. Surgeon left it up to me but his assistant told me if it was his collar bone in a mess like it was he would want it done so I went with his advice. Only time it bothers me is the very rare occasion I wear a heavy backpack or something which presses on it.

I still worry about ever landing on it again though with the amount of metal work.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I think I can see the problem. Ouch - GWS

No idea on how long it will take as I've luckily not broken one of those. Do what your physio says, at least as often as they say to would be my advice.

pawl

Legendary Member
Yes. Really painful initially and took me a full 3 months too. I was undecided about the op. Surgeon left it up to me but his assistant told me if it was his collar bone in a mess like it was he would want it done so I went with his advice. Only time it bothers me is the very rare occasion I wear a heavy backpack or something which presses on it.

I still worry about ever landing on it again though with the amount of metal work.

I am very wary taking left hand turns and sharp bends.I have a rucksack with chest straps which helps to kee the shoulder straps away from the area of the break.i can no longer use bib shorts as they make my shoulder ach,not while I’m riding but post ride.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Well, you go first then... :whistle:
Go on then - @Globalti How is the bike?

And just so I don’t seem too callous, I hope it does not hurt too much today.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
The bike seems to have got off with nothing worse than a few scratches.

I've never broken a bone before and the actual collar bone is less painful than I expected. What hurts badly is the bruising to the back of my ribcage, which makes most movement agony.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Pleased to report that recovery is happening fast. Bruising much less sore and I even suspect that the collar bone is beginning to mend. Seeing a consultant tonight so we will find out a bit more.

Top Bottom