1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ouch! I fell off.

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by PrettyboyTim, 4 Dec 2007.

1. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

I screwed up a corner on my way home last night and came off at around 20mph - the bike just slipped from underneath me.

I seem to be basically okay - my right knee took the brunt of it - I've got a nasty big graze on it but I was able to cycle the rest of the way home and although it's sore the underlying joint seems to work fine. I don't suppose I'll be cycling for a few days, though.

My bike seems okay from it - the only casualty was my blinky LED cateye, which has been basically reduced to a battery casing.

Although the bikecam came off its mount and bounced down the road with me, it kept on recording and is undamaged. It's a great little gadget!

Of course, I've put the footage online :smile:

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Whoopsie!!! How did that happen btw? Looked pretty dry to me.

3. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Mmmm, early evening dampness coupled with a light covering of road-film or fuel spill?
    Freaky! Glad you're mostly OK.

4. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Timmy, it does say SLOW in large letters across the road just before where you came off, do you think someone was trying to tell something?:smile:

5. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Yay!!

Battlescars!!!:smile::biggrin::biggrin:

6. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Almost same thing happened to me about 5 months ago, still got the bloomin scars :smile:

7. It must of been the camera :smile:, I believe Magnatom videoed an off too with the same camera :blush:

8. Maz

Maz Guru

Ouch!
    I suggest you take that camera to a local shaman and get it exorcised.

9. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Ooh unlucky mate! Here's a bit of virtual compeed for the road rash. Enjoy picking it!

10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Battle scars - just ride the bike better next time...:smile:

11. OP
    OP
    PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Yeah - the road wasn't obviously wet - just a bit damp from rain earlier in the day, and I hadn't really noticed up until then. I also went into the corner a bit faster than usual.

I think I was fairly lucky in that my tracksuit bottoms didn't tear (much) so that the main graze didn't actually contact the road itself, only the inside of my clothing. There's a big patch of rubbed off skin and hair on the inside of them :blush: , but at least I didn't have to pick any grit out of my knee.

Anyway, I had the day off work tomorrow anyway, so I can just hobble around at home :smile:

12. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Road rash...fantastic !!!!! NOT !!!!!!!!!!!

13. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Show it off and let people think you're an even bigger loon when you continue commuting!:smile::biggrin:

14. Nearly fell off the other day when I was busy throwing up.

It's narf firking distracting.:smile:

15. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Oh My God! That is scary! It is scary because it was a crash of course, but even scarier because of the similarity to my incident wearing exactly the same camera

Remember Tim won the camera from me!! :blush:

I too was ok apart from the road rash.

Very very spooky....:smile:

Glad your ok by the way!