Ouch! Just fell off my new....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A chap like you needs a longboard and a paddle, surely.

5448874261_368e808eb6.jpg

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Could you have another go, and get someone to video it, FF?

I need some cheering up.
I should have got my lad to do it .... it was at the skatepark with his mates, I fared quite well! It's a Carver pumpboard so no pushing required, I managed to carve a few slopes and was quite please with myself .... I baled-out inelegantly rather then fell I guess .... bits are starting to hurt ....

TVC

I should have got my lad to do it .... it was at the skatepark with his mates, I fared quite well! It's a Carver pumpboard so no pushing required, I managed to carve a few slopes and was quite please with myself .... I baled-out inelegantly rather then fell I guess .... bits are starting to hurt ....
How many of those words do you understand?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
How does a pumpboard differ from a skateboard?
Not greatly, It's a ' except for a wider wheelbase and a special front truck that articulates in two planes giving much tighter turning, by getting a wiggle-on you can pump it along the flat or slight uphills either slowly or at quite a lick! It's really called a 'Surfskate' because it behaves much more like a Surfboard than a skateboard .... it's highly manoeverable!
https://player.vimeo.com/video/47953879?autoplay=1

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
So your role models are older but you're bang up to date on the lingo!
Yep, though from memory Rad was one of the sk8 mags from back in the day.

I still recall starting with 'tic tac', then moving onto things like 'ollies', 'kick-flips' and various grabs and grinds. Never did quite get to full vert ramps myself, had a quick go on the Southsea Skate Park 12 ft transition and that was scary..

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Not greatly, It's a ' except for a wider wheelbase and a special front truck that articulates in two planes giving much tighter turning, by getting a wiggle-on you can pump it along the flat or slight uphills either slowly or at quite a lick! It's really called a 'Surfskate' because it behaves much more like a Surfboard than a skateboard .... it's highly manoeverable!
https://player.vimeo.com/video/47953879?autoplay=1
I have to say it looks no different to any other skateboard to me. TBF when skateboards first hit it passed me by so my knowledge is non existent.

Cheaper than a sports car mid life crisis ;)

Top Bottom