Ouch! Just fell off my new....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Stick to cycling, you are still young enough for that.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
When I were a lad we made us own, plank of wood and dismembered roller skate - actually worked really well.

We used to skateboard down the hill behind our house all the time, a neighbour came up to complain to my dad that 'every time I look out of my window I see your bloody kid on a skateboard', my dad told him not to look out of his window then!

Julia9054

Guru
I'm 53 .... Never quite too late....
Yeah, sadly, I do not have, nor did I ever have, any coordination. And these days I don't bounce as well as I used to. Spent today on the sofa with an ice pack on my shoulder after slipping on the stairs and aggravating an old rotator cuff tear caused by shifting band gear in the freezing cold about 10 years ago.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I went back to skating at 28. Ended up with 2 titanium plates in my arm an 12 screws.
My son's just had that .... He's 17!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yeah, sadly, I do not have, nor did I ever have, any coordination. And these days I don't bounce as well as I used to. Spent today on the sofa with an ice pack on my shoulder after slipping on the stairs and aggravating an old rotator cuff tear caused by shifting band gear in the freezing cold about 10 years ago.
Fair point!

tyred

Legendary Member
Perhaps you've reached a point where you need to find safer a safer hobby.

il_570xN.341684411.jpg

midlife

Guru
The Falcon Reps brought some skateboards over from a visit to the States in the mid 1970's ........I fell of one then and have never been persuaded to stand on one since!

Shaun

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Paging @GrumpyGregry. He's been there, done that, realised it wasn't seemly for a gentleman of reduced flexibility.....

Top Bottom