Ouch - Rib Damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
A week ago I wen't Karting with my son, full on petrol carts at 30mph. I hit a wall sideways and it really hurt.

I carried on karting and have had a few aches and pains all week ( i've not seen a doc! )

About an hour ago I did an epic sneeze and OUCH, i'm in agony.

I've obviously popped a rib or have internal bruising - gross out.

Any suggestions welcome. I might visit my GP tomorrow !!!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
With ribs you just have to wait for them to heal naturally. Nothing the doctor can do.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Have you started drowning in your own blood yet? If not, this means you haven’t punctured a lung. Yet.

I broke two ribs on Wrynose Pass once and went to the docs 5 days later. After climbing Helvellyn and Swirall Edge. And I packed away a Bell tent. And cooked eggy bread for the kids.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Been there, done that, twice in as many years... as others have said, you just have to let them heal in their own time. Last time (about 6 weeks ago) I had to paint the ceiling... six sodding times!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A week ago I wen't Karting with my son, full on petrol carts at 30mph. I hit a wall sideways and it really hurt.

I carried on karting and have had a few aches and pains all week ( i've not seen a doc! )

About an hour ago I did an epic sneeze and OUCH, i'm in agony.

I've obviously popped a rib or have internal bruising - gross out.

Any suggestions welcome. I might visit my GP tomorrow !!!
I have a very useful suggestion - avoid crashing Go Karts into walls at 30 mph! :laugh:

I went on a Karting evening with colleagues about 20 years ago. One guy braked hard for a bend and the one following didn't. Somehow the front wheel of the rear kart climbed up over the kart in front and it flipped driver #2 into the air. The karting centre was a converted warehouse with big vertical metal girders supporting the roof. The owners of the centre had put old tyres round the base of each girder but our driver flew so high that he slammed into a girder above its column of protective tyres. I think he cracked several ribs.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Have you started drowning in your own blood yet? If not, this means you haven’t punctured a lung. Yet.

I broke two ribs on Wrynose Pass once and went to the docs 5 days later. After climbing Helvellyn and Swirall Edge. And I packed away a Bell tent. And cooked eggy bread for the kids.

Is this going to turn into the four Yorkshiremen sketch? You were lucky, both my arms fell off, but I managed to cross a continent before I went to A&E. Just a scratch she said...

tom73

Guru
Ribs take a while to fix you'd have known about it if it was anything to bother about.
Doc's can't do anything strapping or pots on chests went out with the ark.
Take some pain killers and some anti-inflammatory be right in a week or two.

Nebulous

Guru
I think it depends on your age. My last injured ribs took 2-3 months to heal, and i was still getting some twinges 6 months later. Co-codamol for a few days dealt with the initial hit. GP was quite relaxed. Difficulty breathing or coughing up blood come and see me, otherwise just takes time.

Top Bottom