Ouch! Seat advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

RaleighRider

Hi everyone, wow I am honestly overwhelmed with all the responses and feel like I need to dedicate a whole day going through all this advice! Thankyou 😊

There have been some developments...... the major one is that I have swapped my bike and now have a Ridgeback Comet (feel like I need to change my username now!) which has slightly wider tyres, more gears so hills are easier, and the seat has been made higher, although I might try it a bit higher still.

The new seat is very similar to the other one, it's says Vertigo on it.

Your words of encouragement kept me going and it does get easier once you ride a few times as many of you said, also as my legs are getting stronger I'm finding I don't sit so 'heavy' on the seat!

Still not perfect but getting there slowly!

OP
OP
R

RaleighRider

My current saddles of choice are a fizik tempo argo and a fizik vento argo (same shape, slightly different padding type). Both are fairly firm saddles with very little padding. But they work for me (and are unisex). Before that saddle, I had a selle italia diva gel flow. It was pretty good for me, but not perfect, and a little more padded. If you're near Bristol, I still have the diva gel flow kicking about and am happy for you to give it a go
Kind of you to offer thanks, I'm up past Birmingham so a little far away from Bristol!

OP
OP
R

RaleighRider

I totally get that - it's a pain when everyone assumes that because you're female, you'll be wanting everything in pink and purple. And that includes cycling kit and fitness wear. Less said of the men in my family the better - fortunately I only have myself to answer to these days.

Although my motor racing hero (whose helmet is my avatar) drove a mostly pink car, sooooooo...
I am female and my favourite colour is actually pink 😅 My new bike is black but I might get some pink accessories for it 😜

Top Bottom