Ouch that is a big splinter!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
me and our lass went as well last night and were pretty much sat in front of where Awang was put on the stretcher. I didn't realise exactly what had happened but i did query WTF was that sticking out of his leg.

A great night of cycling.

Shame about Pendleton, but Anna Meares is pretty awesome.

TVC

just got back from watching it all, what a great show by hoy and a nasty crash.

the tv just doesn't do track racing justice, and for £12, i can't think of a better night of entertainment…

This is the first year I haven't been for ages, fantastic days entertainment for pennies. The World Champs a couple of years back were the best, sat by the finish line to see 4 golds and two world records for £15. It just shows how the Olympics are exploiting the market in charging a minimum of £50 for a two hour session.

Anyway, with regard to Awang, it's just a scratch, don't know what he's making a fuss about. I mean, he got back on his bike and sprinted to get third, so it can't be that bad
whistling.gif
wink.gif
eek.gif
xx(

Noodley

Quelly's injury was at Meadowbank....elder Noodlette rode there last year and her team told her about it just before she went into the sprint final :laugh:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Damn! That is horrendous, but full credit to Awang. I think I would have been crying like a baby and thinking about giving up track for ever rather than getting back on the bike and getting third.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
They left the splinter in his leg overnight while they thought about how to remove it. :ohmy:

zacklaws

Guru
Fourteen months ago I crashed at speed going too fast round a corner on the road and the only thing that saved my bacon was after leaving the road and before plowing into a solid object was a great pile of hawthorn bushes about six foot high that some farmer had cut down and piled up presumably to burn, and I went straight through the middle and just stopped the other side of them. My bike suffered no damage what so ever, but my legs were stinging like hell with all the thorns stuck in them, but it still made me cringe last night to see that splinter in that leg.

The funny side of my crash though was, I wonder what the farmer thought when he saw his carefully stacked pile of hawthorn all flattened.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
they use Siberian pine because it provides the fastest surface, but if they uses a 'proper' wood like ash these splinter injuries wouldn't happen.

They left the splinter in his leg overnight while they thought about how to remove it. :ohmy:

It's quite common to leave foreign bodies in place for a number of hours to allow blood clots to stablise and facilitate removal - that's what I do when I extract horses from fence posts anyway!

That was the first bit of track racing I've ever watched - I'm hooked!

Sambu

Fourteen months ago I crashed at speed going too fast round a corner on the road and the only thing that saved my bacon was after leaving the road and before plowing into a solid object was a great pile of hawthorn bushes about six foot high that some farmer had cut down and piled up presumably to burn, and I went straight through the middle and just stopped the other side of them. My bike suffered no damage what so ever, but my legs were stinging like hell with all the thorns stuck in them, but it still made me cringe last night to see that splinter in that leg.

The funny side of my crash though was, I wonder what the farmer thought when he saw his carefully stacked pile of hawthorn all flattened.

At least it wasn't blackthorn!

Top Bottom