Our first mini-tour with our little man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Tomorrow, my little boy and I are going on our first ever tour. 20 miles over 2 days, staying in an airbnb overnight. He's 5 1/2. We're cycling a local trail which is paved and car-free so pretty much ideal for our purposes even though I've been warned it's not the prettiest of trails. I'll take safety over views for the moment.

It's been 6 years since I toured, 6 months pregnant in the Netherlands. I'm kind of beside myself with excitement for this tour, even though I know it's teeny tiny. Getting everything ready with the Dude has been incredibly special already - highlighting ice-cream stops and playgrounds on the map, pumping up tyres, starting to pack. He really wanted to carry panniers because apparently it's not a proper tour if we don't both carry something but his bike is too small (20') to fit a rack on so we've bought a good sized handle-bar bag and he'll be carrying the puncture-repar kits and snacks.

Super excited!

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
That sounds like an amazing adventure :thumbsup:

Have fun :highfive:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tomorrow, my little boy and I are going on our first ever tour. 20 miles over 2 days, staying in an airbnb overnight. He's 5 1/2. We're cycling a local trail which is paved and car-free so pretty much ideal for our purposes even though I've been warned it's not the prettiest of trails. I'll take safety over views for the moment.

It's been 6 years since I toured, 6 months pregnant in the Netherlands. I'm kind of beside myself with excitement for this tour, even though I know it's teeny tiny. Getting everything ready with the Dude has been incredibly special already - highlighting ice-cream stops and playgrounds on the map, pumping up tyres, starting to pack. He really wanted to carry panniers because apparently it's not a proper tour if we don't both carry something but his bike is too small (20') to fit a rack on so we've bought a good sized handle-bar bag and he'll be carrying the puncture-repar kits and snacks.

Super excited!
Have a great ride (and keep a supply of snacks for yourself because the ones on the Dudebike may disappear!).

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh yours does that too? Same with drinks - I usually end up with major dehydration because someone else polishes off the water!
The grandchildren are only up to balance bikes but major demonetisation of wallet or purse seem to have more lasting effects than a little bit of dehydration. Fair weather and fair winds. The little un will be proud of his achievement!

Heifer73

Have a great time.

Fubar

Guru

Super excited!

Have a fab micro-adventure!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
image.jpg
Day 1 a total success. 12 miles done. Ice-creams for lunch. 'Mummy, I love touring'!!

Top Bottom