Our first mini-tour with our little man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Excellent :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We're safely back home after a 2 day adventure which was utterly brilliant from start to finish. Day 1 ended up being 16.8 miles, day 2 15.0 miles, which isn't bad for a 5 1/2 year old on a single-speed bike. Absolutely no moaning, a brilliant attitude throughout. He loved every second and has already asked if we can do a longer tour soon, 'with mountains'.

Personally, it was just very special for me. When I was pregnant, the Husband and I talked about the day we could take our little boy touring - cycling along with him yesterday, I had a bit of a cry because I felt like that dream had come true. Just gutted the Husband had to work and so missed it.

Already planning our next tour. I'll be doing a proper write-up soon and will post a link. Thanks all for your lovely encouraging comments.

Pics of...
1) him and me and our loaded bikes
2) him at the end point, the BART (light rail) station, super-proud of himself
3) a yellow jersey presentation when we got home for being the winner!

Attachments

• IMG_9201.jpg
    IMG_9201.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9207.jpg
    IMG_9207.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9214.jpg
    IMG_9214.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 67

Keith Oates

Janner
I remember following you on the Dutch ride, via the blog, when you were pregnant so it looks as if you instilled the touring bug when he was an unborn baby. Lovely photos and good to see you're still have the same smile as before. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
What a star the dude is. So happy to hear it went well and he's asking for mountains ^_^

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I remember following you on the Dutch ride, via the blog, when you were pregnant so it looks as if you instilled the touring bug when he was an unborn baby. Lovely photos and good to see you're still have the same smile as before. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I LOVED that pregnant Dutch ride, I was so happy that weekend.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Must have been a hormone thing, Cathryn, if you liked Netherlands touring:whistle:

Flat, safe, pretty, apple cake and cheese? Perfect for a solo pregnant person!

Seriously, living over here I hanker for the Dutch cycle paths. I know the Netherlands isn't Switzerland in terms of views etc but I long for the safe infrastructure where we could have taken the Dude touring via trailer for the past five years. The roads are so unsafe here that we just won't risk it. There's nothing like being exiled from Europe to appreciate it more.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Flat, safe, pretty, apple cake and cheese? Perfect for a solo pregnant person!

Seriously, living over here I hanker for the Dutch cycle paths. I know the Netherlands isn't Switzerland in terms of views etc but I long for the safe infrastructure where we could have taken the Dude touring via trailer for the past five years. The roads are so unsafe here that we just won't risk it. There's nothing like being exiled from Europe to appreciate it more.
Presumably you occasionally cross back here to see relatives? Could you persuade them to have a holiday together in the Netherlands?

Top Bottom