Our new little girl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So we seem to have unexpectedly gained a cat.

Our neighbour got two young feral cats to live in her barn across the road and kill the rats. They decided they didn't want to live there and absconded, ending up in our garden. We managed to lure the little girl cat into a crate and returned her (sadly) to her owner on Monday, but the little cat made it clear she didn't like it there and so last night, she was returned to our garden to decide if SHE wants to make it her forever home.

We've made her a snug little shelter, we've fed her tuna, dreamies and other more nutritious things. We've managed to touch her a few times. She's very skittish but also curious and 'friendly'. She's very interested in our two boy cats. (All three have been neutered). We are hoping she decides to stay.

Her current name is Priscilla (her brother Elvis is out there somewhere). I want to call her Gretl. I have no idea if she'll stay one night or forever, but isn't she lovely?

Attachments

• 5F91F8A5-171B-4FF5-9056-3C3CBB370F6C.JPG
    5F91F8A5-171B-4FF5-9056-3C3CBB370F6C.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 17
  • BAF4DF2C-CB85-4548-AA51-8E8ECA70054B.JPG
    BAF4DF2C-CB85-4548-AA51-8E8ECA70054B.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 17

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
She’s very handsome. Doesn’t look feral, in the way feral moggies are round here. Certainly wouldn’t get close enough to take a picture. Hope she stays.

Ah, she's a pretty thing. :wub:

With cats, it's the classic "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink". If she wants to stay, then she will. You've done all the right things by giving her shelter and food. You may end up with a sofa-loving house cat!

Take it slowly and you will gain her confidence. Tuna also helps. :okay:

My son's 'small' cat looks like that:

View attachment 570184
Is that another softie that runs the house?

We had cats all ouf married life. The last one went a few years ago, and we decided not to have another. We didn't know what the future held, and didn't want to create a softie that had to be rehomed if anything happened to us. We miss all of them, even though some have been under the lawn for 25+ years!

We had cats all ouf married life. The last one went a few years ago, and we decided not to have another. We didn't know what the future held, and didn't want to create a softie that had to be rehomed if anything happened to us. We miss all of them, even though some have been under the lawn for 25+ years!

Have you thought about fostering for a local rescue instead? :smile:

My very first cat was feral. She was very bright, and quickly became tame. Girl cats are more affdctionate than boy cats.

Likewise my first cat was a feral - a boy, and as thick as two short planks. He just moved into my garage and decided to stay, so I set him up with all mod cons in there.

Girls are affectionate, but they sure as hell have more brains than the boys, and far more attitude.

My two girls definitely keep me on my toes. :blush:

Top Bottom