Out of my way damn cyclist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why do people get so arrogant when they are driving a tin box?

I mean why not just be patient instead of blowing the horn?

When one gets beeped (on the bike or especially in the car) in such silly situations as that, I’m always tempted to stop (especially if it means they have to as well) and then inspect the back of the bike/car for a while, trying to “see whatever it is they are trying to alert your attention too” … if they moan (which they always do), just act polite but dumb… “oh… I thought you could see something wrong with the car/bike… my mistake” – never fails to totally piss them off.

On a similar note – I seem to recall Eric Morecombe telling an anecdote about braking down at some lights and the guy behind getting all agitated and continually beeping the horn. He went up to him and said something like “here mate, you go and fix my engine and I’ll lean on the horn for you…”
(apologies in advance if I attributed that one incorrectly)

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
hackbike 666 said:
Why do people get so arrogant when they are driving a tin box?

I mean why not just be patient instead of blowing the horn?

For the same reason most people only kick off with the police once their hands are behind their backs in Cuffs...They know they are safe! Lets face it, how many times have you stood in front of a 4x4 whilst it is doing 30mph and threatened to kick the drivers teeth in?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I nearly wet myself stifling the laughter here at work when you waved to him!!! :wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't get many drivers like that (beeping at me for no good reason) but I'd like to for the comedy value in the video after.

It's very difficult to maintain a calm state when someone's just blitzed past you at pace and way too close, but with something like this when there's no danger to you you can stay calm and *try* to reason with them. :angry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Sh4rkyBloke said:
I nearly wet myself stifling the laughter here at work when you waved to him!!! :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't get many drivers like that (beeping at me for no good reason) but I'd like to for the comedy value in the video after.

It's very difficult to maintain a calm state when someone's just blitzed past you at pace and way too close, but with something like this when there's no danger to you you can stay calm and *try* to reason with them. :thumbsup:

Very busy today, but I have another video to post. It is mostly about a cycle lane, but at the end you have another wee chat with a driver. I think this might be the best one yet....:biggrin:

Armegatron

Im in communication with a company whose driver threatened me a while back by revving his engine. He has emailed openly saying he sounded his horn to get me out of his way (he didnt sound his horn, he revved the engine). Im waiting for his bosses to email me back though as I dont want to talk to someone who frankly wants me dead, and if they dont take appropriate action against this driver I will be taking the footage and emails to the police and let them sort it out.

When will some drivers learn that the horn is not for intimidation purposes (says me with my Airzound :laugh:)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
TwickenhamCyclist said:
“here mate, you go and fix my engine and I’ll lean on the horn for you…”

Hahahaha jokes!

Mags.. as i said on the video, i loved your clapham, totaly had me in stitches. i might use that my self :laugh:

Origamist

Legendary Member
I think it's time you did a body language showreel - I've always liked your pointing gestures and occasional head taps, but the clapping is a new and interesting development in your oeuvre

Top Bottom