Out on the trails... With lad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Getting out and about on the new MTB with my lad as I'm off this week so Wednesday it was the family trail at Hicks Lodge in South Derbyshire... Today it was the 7.5 blue (moderate) trail at Cannock Chase.. I was knacker*d at times so Ben must of been doubly so...

I told him to get off at some stepping stones... (I shuffled across on my bike) but he didn't and ended up going sideways and ending up in 6 inches of water complete with bike. No harm done just a bit wet (him and the bike) and thanks to the random guy who took the photo for us...

To be honest as much as I love road biking the MTB is fab as we are enjoying some great time together... Getting me off the sofa on a week off and him of his console and computer

IMG_20181102_113653.jpg

Last edited:

Jimidh

Veteran
I started MTB with my son when he was 8-9 ish and it was always a great day out even if I had to wait on him lots of the time but we had a great time and he has now developed a love for bikes.

We are racing as a pair in the Glentress 7 this year and at 15 years old he is way faster then me on the downhills and is catching up on the ascents so I suspect it’s the one and only time he’ll want to race with me as he realises i’m slow one out of the team now.

Enjoy your time with your lad and I hope he develops a passion for riding too.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I started MTB with my son when he was 8-9 ish and it was always a great day out even if I had to wait on him lots of the time but we had a great time and he has now developed a love for bikes.

We are racing as a pair in the Glentress 7 this year and at 15 years old he is way faster then me on the downhills and is catching up on the ascents so I suspect it’s the one and only time he’ll want to race with me as he realises i’m slow one out of the team now.

Enjoy your time with your lad and I hope he develops a passion for riding too.
Thanks for the great reply... I'm hoping its something we can keep doing together. When i sort a rack out Mrs V may join us for a walk (she rides a Boardman road) but doesnt want to get an mtb and join us on the trails.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Someone is having a pee in the background, that's proper photo bombing!:smile:

Riding MTB is so much fun, a great thing to do with your lad, unfortunately I have 2 girls who are more interested in clothes and make-up!
Hadn't noticed! Actually dont think he is.. I think its the bloke who took the photos mate.. Just hitching up his joggers...

OP
OP
simon the viking
:wacko: how can he be the one that took the photo if hes on it in the background :wacko:
It was his mate who took the photo

TeeShot

Veteran
0C0DF732-015D-45E7-9889-869ACBD81CFA.jpeg
Spent many happy hours enjoying the trails at Cannock with my two lads. This shot must be nearly 10 years ago, playing “follow me” through the woods. Enjoy the moment

Top Bottom