Outbid again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
So I'm not the only one that uses odd amounts? :smile:

£13.57
£22.84
Etc...

What would happen though if ten people were bidding and they all use one of those sniper tools?
£22.84 is an even amount :dry:

Steady

Über Member
I use to lose a lot of auctions where at the end I always felt I would have still paid that amount or more.

So these days I still wait to the final day to see how bidding has gone, drop my bid on close to the end and enter the maximum I'm prepared to pay, not the "it would be nice if I got it for this price" maximum, the absolute maximum i feel it's worth.

It also helps prevent those last minute pound more bids that are desperate to out bid you by a pound before the time is up.

Also helps me feel better if I lose knowing I truly wouldn't have paid more.

A few years ago I bought a very entry level Ridgeback Adventure hybrid bike at a bootsale for £30. I loved that bike. It was unbelievably comfortable and I rode many many happy miles on it. Then I came into a few quid and bought a new Trek FX3 with disc brakes, and sold my Ridgeback. What a mistake. I hate the Trek but cannot afford another new bike so I must live with it. I wish I had spent a couple of hundred quid on doing up the Ridgeback. I feel I have thrown my money away on the Trek.

I have been looking now and then for another Ridgeback, but it must be the same model/frame size. .

Out of interest, which model is it you after?

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Out of interest, which model is it you after?

Ridgeback Adventure 501GS with a 19" frame.

Ridgeback_zpsarn0qqfw.jpg

Attachments

• Ridgeback_zpsarn0qqfw.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 19
    11.4 KB · Views: 16

howard2107

Its worth looking at the item location, if its collection only, and out in the sticks somewhere, then it tends to hold the price down. I was lucky with my bike, it was on my doorstep, and the pictures on ebay didn't do it justice, i had the benefit of looking and trying before i bid, so i got it for £17 less than my maximum £120 bid, without seeing it i would have been out at £100, just like the other 2 bidders, and lost it for a quid.

But i got an almost brand new self propelled lawn mower for £50, when the same items locally were topping £100, but it was in the back and beyond of Goole. Cost me a gallon of diesel and 2 hours to save me a good few bob, but i am a Yorkshireman after all, wheres theres muck theres brass.

Cheers............Howard

Ridgeback Adventure 501GS with a 19" frame.

Mine's a 520sx.
Never known what the sx means.
Really nice bike. One of the best things i have ever bought.
In some ways i prefer it to my hewitt.
The ridgeback adventure finally taught me that there is a lot of pretentious consumerist s***t talked about bikes.

** i assume that the bike you had was square taper and 1 inch threaded headset like mine. Mine has a kalloy adjustable stem though - nice.

Attachments

11.4 KB · Views: 17
    11.4 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom