Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My partner was advised by one of the nurses. Before you get the vaccine, take a couple of Ibobrufen beforehand. To help stop any of the reported flu type symptoms the jab may bring on.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
My partner was advised by one of the nurses. Before you get the vaccine, take a couple of Ibobrufen beforehand. To help stop any of the reported flu type symptoms the jab may bring on.
Don’t think the side effects usually appear for quite a few hours though do they?

SGG on a bike

Had mine yesterday and woke up this morning with a banging headache and a little achy. It's eased a bit now, but I generally feel washed out. It's going to be a slow work day today.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having had mine Saturday afternoon I was fine enough for a 3-hour ride on Sunday (yes, I know they say not to engage in exercise for 24 hours afterwards :rolleyes: ) but the side-effects hit hard Sunday night.

Having shivered with flu-type symptoms and then felt under the weather for 36 hours I'm feeling a bit better today so will have a short ride out later.

Minor side-effects are worth it though. In my case the vaccine will probably mean I survive if I catch Covid and can start returning to something like a normal life.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Having had mine Saturday afternoon I was fine enough for a 3-hour ride on Sunday (yes, I know they say not to engage in exercise for 24 hours afterwards :rolleyes: ) but the side-effects hit hard Sunday night.

Having shivered with flu-type symptoms and then felt under the weather for 36 hours I'm feeling a bit better today so will have a short ride out later.

Minor side-effects are worth it though. In my case the vaccine will probably mean I survive if I catch Covid and can start returning to something like a normal life.

Exercise charges up the immune system. Typically when you’ve been exercising moderately for a few hours there will be up to 10 times the normal number of white blood cells circulating. So side effects kicking in hard on Sunday night and your three hour ride are likely related.

I am going to grab another longer ride in tomorrow. Then on day of vaccination I’ll restrict myself to an hour or so of walking.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
MrsF didn't go mad when I suggested I might ride to Etihad on the canal for my jab - if the weather is good, I will. More worried about getting cold if there is a queue outside.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Or how easily you can extract your arm from all your cycling layers!
Short sleve base and a softshell long - should be fine ! :rolleyes: When I broke my spine I was fully winterised. Had to advise the paramedics how to remove the overshoes/ shoes and not cut off my £140 soft shell. They had to cut the base layer though (merino wool).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Or how easily you can extract your arm from all your cycling layers!
I thought of that just before cycling off for my jab. I was about to put my long-sleeved jersey on, but switched to a short-sleeved one with a fleece over the top.

PS I suppose it wouldn't have been hard to have pulled one side of the long-sleeved jersey down off the shoulder anyway.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Over 50s, your time has come!
I predict the NHS vaccine booking website will very soon be dropping the 'age' criterion down to 50. For those young 50-somethings, keep an eye open (route applicable to England only aiui):
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
Invitation letters will be hitting the mat too.
Because vaccine supply and daily vaccination rate is set to double from Monday, vaccination centres will be desperate for deltoids through the door. The majority of those in the 55-64 groups have been 'done'. There are 4.6M 50-54 year olds in UK, and daily rates will be half a million a day.
I have been keeping a beady eye on this webpage for bookings and they have changed the lower age limit to 'over 50s'
"You can only use this service if any of the following apply:
  • you are aged 50 or over"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom