Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So partner is volunteering at a vaccination centre. Some interesting numbers.

500 Booked slots this morning.
24 just didn't turn up.
12 turned up without any information, so on spec (turned away from morning sessions)
8 didn't have the correct information ie booking details, nhs number, double booked with their GP etc
8 Turned up saying mask exempt. Vaccination venue is mask only no exceptions. 6 agreed to wear masks, 2 declined and were refused entry.
4 refused the vaccine because it was the AstraZenica vaccine being used.

@ianrauk I presume the 4 refused because of the reported blood clot issue

lane

Veteran
All the bad publicity re AZ is bound to have an impact. However everyone I know wants the vaccine ASAP.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I had my AZ pt. 1 last week and it's hits me for six , I'm feeling better today though and happier to have some protection at least .

I will continue to behave properly until two weeks after pt. 2 and then go to visit family and friends again .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Catching covid - blood clot issue far more common than the vaccine, and you'd probably guarantee those with the blood clots after the vaccine, would most likely have had a blood clot anyway, just as people do.

Anyway, more for us ! :laugh:

i will have no problem going for my second AZ vaccine when the time comes, mrs roadrash has a telephone appointment with her gp to speak about the vaccine as she has appointment booked for AZ vaccine and already has blood clots as a result of covid so is a little cocncerned but said she will go with whatever GP recommends.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
So partner is volunteering at a vaccination centre. Some interesting numbers.

500 Booked slots this morning.
24 just didn't turn up.
12 turned up without any information, so on spec (turned away from morning sessions)
8 didn't have the correct information ie booking details, nhs number, double booked with their GP etc
8 Turned up saying mask exempt. Vaccination venue is mask only no exceptions. 6 agreed to wear masks, 2 declined and were refused entry.
4 refused the vaccine because it was the AstraZenica vaccine being used.

That’s annoying as I’ve now been invited as of last Thu but still can’t book a slot as all taken.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Like @roadrash and @FishFright the AZ vaccine's hit me today following Saturday's jab. I'll take it easy for a few days and continue to be careful though.

midlife

Guru
i will have no problem going for my second AZ vaccine when the time comes, mrs roadrash has a telephone appointment with her gp to speak about the vaccine as she has appointment booked for AZ vaccine and already has blood clots as a result of covid so is a little cocncerned but said she will go with whatever GP recommends.

I read somewhere that the AZ group have fewer clotting episodes than matched controls, I guess more info will come out over the next few days/weeks

dodgy

The advice should be "Concerned about blood clots? Get the AZ vaccine as soon as it's offered" *

* I'm talking about the facebookists who get all their world views from the site, including from their facebook contacts and conspiracy groups

lane

Veteran
Mrs lane slightly under the weather after AZ but not too bad. She is very risk adverse when it comes to medicine normally but very happy to get the vaccine despite what's happening elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom