Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There's four people in my work area aged 55 and all got the sign-up email or text this morning. All are being given their first jabs on the same day at the same location.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Aged 55years and 4 days.
Belated Happy Birthday, Ian. First jab as a present.

I am now vaccinated as of half an hour ago, must admit i didnt expect the side effects so quickly.
1615576086910.png

dodgy

Me and Mrs D got SMS from GP today within seconds of each other, several seconds later we're both booked in locally for Tuesday afternoon :okay:
Getting some comfort food in on Monday in case we feel ropey on Wednesday / Thursday. (both in 55+ category, no UHC)

Landsurfer

Veteran
Both got ours on the 16th .... which is a close friends funeral ..... we’ve decided to get the jabs .... she won’t notice if we’re not there ...:sad:

Ajax Bay

Guru
I predict the NHS vaccine booking website will very soon be dropping the 'age' criterion down to 50. For those young 50-somethings, keep an eye open (route applicable to England only aiui):
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
Invitation letters will be hitting the mat too.
Because vaccine supply and daily vaccination rate is set to double from Monday, vaccination centres will be desperate for deltoids through the door. The majority of those in the 55-64 groups have been 'done'. There are 4.6M 50-54 year olds in UK, and daily rates will be half a million a day.

Julia9054

Guru
I predict the NHS vaccine booking website will very soon be dropping the 'age' criterion down to 50. For those young 50-somethings, keep an eye open (route applicable to England only aiui):
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
Invitation letters will be hitting the mat too.
Because vaccine supply and daily vaccination rate is set to double from Monday, vaccination centres will be desperate for deltoids through the door. The majority of those in the 55-64 groups have been 'done'. There are 4.6M 50-54 year olds in UK, and daily rates will be half a million a day.
I'm 53 and have been invited for mine - by text from my GP surgery - so assuming we are a little ahead here in Harrogate

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm 51 and was done today.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I'm 53 and have been invited for mine - by text from my GP surgery - so assuming we are a little ahead here in Harrogate

I’m 54 and got text from GP on Thu. Unfortunately I was out on bike and by time I sat down to book, all the slots had gone. They’ve done the airline thing of inviting more to book than the available appointments. Good for them, not so great from the patient end. Just hope when next slots become available we get a chance to book before texts go out to next lot. I don’t want it to be fastest finger every time.

jayjay

Veteran
Haven't read all the posts yet - going out soon. Anyone like myself frustrated by the "Click The Link" text thing on a non clicky link phone can use the digits at the end of the message to book through the NHS site on your regular internet computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom