Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I only turned 56 at the start of February and just one week later I'd had the text message from my local surgery giving me the link to book for the first vaccine jab - done on the 25th Feb at 56yrs and 2 1/2 weeks (Pfizer, no reaction and even less of a bruise than for the flu jab)
All very efficient, even at 9am there was a queue of those waiting and a room of those just done & sitting out the 15 minutes observation time.
Life of Covid.png

classic33

Leg End Member
It'll soon reach my age group and I'll really have to give it some thought about whether to get it or not.
I've never had a vaccine for anything so not keen tbh.
I understand why it's required although I still don't know anyone who's had this bug.

Meh, will sleep on it methinks.
Never had any of the routine schooldays jabs. Always liked it, when the people who laughed at me for having a sore arm from routine blood tests, came back saying any injection hurt like hell.

Last tetanus injection, 82.
Never had the flu jab. Never had flu either
Won't be getting this one either. The choice has been made for me, not by me. What has to be remembered is that this is to try and prevent the spread, as well as protect yourself from Covid-19/Coronavirus. You'll happily accept there may well be restrictions on where you can travel if you refuse it, as with many other vaccinations.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
What was the 'daisy ' thing you had as a kid on the wrist followed by a jab in your left shoulder that scarred you for life!
The skin test. Mine did nothing, so I had to have the big jab.

Some BCG scars were shockers. Can't see mine at all; I like to think I have amazing powers of self-healing.

Can't remember many other jabs except for a few tetanus jabs in A&E! Holiday jabs too, back in the past when I could afford exotic trips (before children).

Am not great with needles but look the other way and am usually fine; so had MMR and the flu jab in the last year or so, and will be banging on the door of Epsom racecourse for the Covid jab as soon as Group 9 are called forward!

Nearly 62 and haven’t heard anything yet, but not particularly bothered.
If you wanted to the online system is open to you, I assume you're in England, as its now 56 and over. I know you can read perfectly well so not trying to insult you but my Wife didn't receive an invitation, I booked it online for her.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've just had a text to book and I'm well off 55. So they may be getting through this faster than originally thought.

Note that I may be classified as a 'vulnerable adult' but don't think they have in this case.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just had a text asking me to book a vaccination, Aged 55years and 4 days. No medical issues.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I've just had a text to book and I'm well off 55. So they may be getting through this faster than originally thought.

Note that I may be classified as a 'vulnerable adult' but don't think they have in this case.

My brother, 56 was jabbed 23rd Feb. So some areas will be ahead of others. He has asthma but I would not say high risk. Can’t remember him being hospitalised by it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Appears to be in the 50 - 55 age bracket in calderdale.
A number of people I know, in this age group, have had their first jab this month.

Appears to be in the 50 - 55 age bracket in calderdale.
A number of people I know, in this age group, have had their first jab this month.
How can I find out the age bracket in Notts? Even though my gp in Notts is doing clinically vulnerable people atm and they seem to have done the older people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom