Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How come it's only in England that 54-59s are getting the vaccine?
Are you lot keeping it all for yourselves?

According to google measles vaccine was introduced in 68 but uptake was only high from the 1980s.
Getting the measles vaccine is one of my earliest memories, would have been four in 1968 so fits in. I remember thinking the needle was stabbing and killing the germs in me that could make me ill, that is how it works right?

Edit!
Senior moment there, I was six in 1968, definitely remember having a jab when I was four'ish though and for some reason always had it in my mind that it was the measles vac, must have been for something else. No way of checking as I was brought up by my Grandparents who are unsurprisingly no longer with us.

Last edited:
I might be getting things mixed-up, I remember the Daisy thing which I thought was something to do with the one that left the scar.

Either way I had both, seems most kids born around the same time (1965) had it.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Getting the measles vaccine is one of my earliest memories, would have been four in 1968 so fits in. I remember thinking the needle was stabbing and killing the germs in me that could make me ill, that is how it works right?

Edit!
Senior moment there, I was six in 1968, definitely remember having a jab when I was four'ish though and for some reason always had it in my mind that it was the measles vac, must have been for something else. No way of checking as I was brought up by my Grandparents who are unsurprisingly no longer with us.

I have a complete record of my vaccinations. My mother kept a record when younger and I have the rest. Not all in my NHS digital record yet. But I’ll add the missing bits soon enough.

Just counted and I have 29 jabs recorded. I need to add the stuff pre 1993.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Don't like taking drugs at the best of times and this one seems to have just been invented and fired out for use.

As I said, I've not ruled it out, it's just not something I've done or considered doing before.

I understand but it is worth having

newts

Veteran
I might be getting things mixed-up, I remember the Daisy thing which I thought was something to do with the one that left the scar.

Either way I had both, seems most kids born around the same time (1965) had it.
The daisy prick was a reactor test for TB, if you're arm showed red swollen reaction you didn't get the jab that left the scar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom