Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice one Ming, my Missus is a year older than me (56) so just booked it up for her, First one next Friday.

Much Appreciated.

Funny thing is both the youngest (19) and eldest (56) will have been done and the Lad (22) has already had Covid.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And there is another consideration. The Pfizer vaccine requires ultra cold storage, and many medical centres and even some Hospitals dont have the facilities to handle it. If that's what is available at that moment in time but your area doesn't have the facilities then, yeah, you'll have to wait until the next batch of an alternative becomes available. Thats just the way it is. The numbermof doses being administered is accelerating, so it's hardly stalling.
Ah, I bet you are right!

I got a reminder letter this afternoon dated 3 weeks after my first one. Again it suggested that I could book at one of the not-so-local centres or wait for my GP. Lack of Pfizer cold storage AND local availability of AstraZeneca vaccine could well explain the delay in hearing from my GP.

Just had the Pfizer one three minutes walk from home, am now rehydrating with some Fursty Ferret (sure I heard you should do that after the jab).
Don't know if there's any connection but I seem to be getting an overwhelming desire to prostrate myself before an image of Bill Gates for some reason...... Must obey Bill...Must obey Bill...........Bill obey.....Obey.....Obey.........

Slick

Guru
Just had the Pfizer one three minutes walk from home, am now rehydrating with some Fursty Ferret (sure I heard you should do that after the jab).
Don't know if there's any connection but I seem to be getting an overwhelming desire to prostrate myself before an image of Bill Gates for some reason...... Must obey Bill...Must obey Bill...........Bill obey.....Obey.....Obey.........
Not sure about the Bill Gates thing but definitely glad you got your vaccine. :okay:

geocycle

Legendary Member
55 and a half.... the wait goes on!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Same here. No AZ in any local vaccination centre for most of the last week and probably all of next week. The rollout seems to be stalling.
The number of doses being administered is accelerating, so it's hardly stalling.
1615061432862.png

Looks more like a stall than a soaraway acceleration to me.

55 and a half.... the wait goes on!
Same here, I must admit I'm not bothered when I get it as it'll make little difference to me.

I've been at work throughout and have a 'house full' so not really that isolated but it will be nice to think there's some protection there for when the pubs open I suppose.

Drago

Legendary Member
I had the Pfizer and felt sheet for 6 days. Day one i felt like id been given a punishment beating, day 2 a crushing headache, and 4 days of godawful fatigue. The leaflet advises those symptoms can take 8 days to pass.

I took it as a sign that the vaccine is well and truly into my immune system, which has taken up arms against an imaginary virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom