Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had the Pfizer and felt sheet for 6 days. Day one i felt like id been given a punishment beating, day 2 a crushing headache, and 4 days of godawful fatigue. The leaflet advises those symptoms can take 8 days to pass.

I took it as a sign that the vaccine is well and truly into my immune system, which has taken up arms against an imaginary virus.
Only gave me a sore arm for 2 days.

Brads

It'll soon reach my age group and I'll really have to give it some thought about whether to get it or not.
I've never had a vaccine for anything so not keen tbh.
I understand why it's required although I still don't know anyone who's had this bug.

Meh, will sleep on it methinks.

Are you in a 'serious risk group' may i ask?🤔
I have mild asthma and I'm entitled to the free flu jab so by that logic I've been given the covid vaccine early according to my friend when I asked them why I'm being given it early. Or it could be the mental health problems-having serious mental health problems puts you in the clinically vulnerable group for the covid jab. But think it's the former reason. My GP is mostly younger people, so guess they just finished giving vaccines to the older patients in the practice earlier than most places in the country.

Gunk

Guru
had the Pfizer and felt sheet for 6 days. Day one i felt like id been given a punishment beating, day 2 a crushing headache, and 4 days of godawful fatigue. The leaflet advises those symptoms can take 8 days to pass.

My side effects were very similar after the Pfizer vaccine, I was exhausted for four days and had pain in my right arm and right hand side of my chest. 10 days later I feel fine. Glad I’ve had it.

I've never had a vaccine for anything
Really???

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It'll soon reach my age group and I'll really have to give it some thought about whether to get it or not.
I've never had a vaccine for anything so not keen tbh.
I understand why it's required although I still don't know anyone who's had this bug.

Meh, will sleep on it methinks.
Kind of similar. MMR wasn’t around growing up so I think the BCG in 2nd year for TB was about it for me. Maybe tetanus about 20 years ago after a dog bite. I was pretty undecided about this but after speaking to a couple of friends who are nurses and a paramedic and both telling me not to be daft and take it as they have seen people younger than me in hospital struggling with Covid so I will reluctantly take it I think.

lane

Veteran
Kind of similar. MMR wasn’t around growing up so I think the BCG in 2nd year for TB was about it for me. Maybe tetanus about 20 years ago after a dog bite. I was pretty undecided about this but after speaking to a couple of friends who are nurses and a paramedic and both telling me not to be daft and take it as they have seen people younger than me in hospital struggling with Covid so I will reluctantly take it I think.

Did you not have Polio vaacine?

My uncle ended up in an Iron Lung when he was a teen. Lifelong disability. He made sure his son had the polio vaccine.

newts

Veteran
I had the Pfizer and felt sheet for 6 days. Day one i felt like id been given a punishment beating, day 2 a crushing headache, and 4 days of godawful fatigue. The leaflet advises those symptoms can take 8 days to pass.

I took it as a sign that the vaccine is well and truly into my immune system, which has taken up arms against an imaginary virus.
I had very similar with the AZ vaccine (headache was very unpleaseant), i wonder if asthma suffers show more side effects post vaccine?
Mrs N had her second dose of Pfizer this week & has had minimal symptons with either.

Julia9054

Guru
I had very similar with the AZ vaccine (headache was very unpleaseant), i wonder if asthma suffers show more side effects post vaccine?
Mrs N had her second dose of Pfizer this week & has had minimal symptons with either.
As far as I can tell from my deeply unscientific sample of friends and family who have had the vaccine, there seems to be no pattern as to who gets what side effects if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom