Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
AZ jab here. Smooth as. Just hope my body's doing 'the stuff' inside as no after effects at all. Perhaps I'm part of a triple blind trial.;)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Mrs lane slightly under the weather after AZ but not too bad. She is very risk adverse when it comes to medicine normally but very happy to get the vaccine despite what's happening elsewhere.

Mr Lane here similar. I just feel a bit 'bleurgh' today so haven't done a huge amount. Fortunately I'm on a professional contract so have done bits and pieces as I've felt able.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The advice should be "Concerned about blood clots? Get the AZ vaccine as soon as it's offered" *

* I'm talking about the facebookists who get all their world views from the site, including from their facebook contacts and conspiracy groups
Ha ha - that's what I have been telling people I know for the past few days.

Antivaxxer pals: "But the AZ vaccine causes blood clots..."

ColinJ: "Crap... I'll tell you what causes blood clots - COVID-19!!!"

I've had my fill of blood-clotted lungs. The joy of desperately gasping for breath and feeling that each one will be your last soon wears off, so I was very happy to have my first AZ jab this morning.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Are you in London, or outside. I'm 51 so is it worth a go - it was accepting over 55's when the web site said over 60's

I am in Hertfordshire and it worked for me. Go for it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just tried it, it's accepting bookings. Going fast though. Too slow to get in for tomorrow, so Friday afternoon it is at Sport city. Nearest vaccination centre I've been offered (they are doing them locally, but sport city is only 20 minutes drive.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like they've forgotten to update their home page.

Booked my jabs. Bit of a journey for them but worth doing.

When my wife was done she only had to go a mile.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Are you in London, or outside. I'm 51 so is it worth a go - it was accepting over 55's when the web site said over 60's
Surrey, but South-West London looked well catered for too - Sandown Park, Twickenham Stoop, Hounslow, Acton and possibly Clalpham were also listed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks for the tip. Looks like they've forgotten to update their home page.

Booked my jabs. Bit of a journey for them but worth doing.

When my wife was done she only had to go a mile.

My wife was the local practice, my son is today at the village hall. Both very near. I suppose the on-line is looking at the major centres. If the weather is good, I could cycle there along the canal - about 10 miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom