Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChangFai

Only for Sassenachs.

Drago

Legendary Member
Only for Sassenachs.
This (then) 51 year old Scotsman robbed the sassenachs of the first jab 2 weeks ago. Im looking forward to robbing them of the second dose soon. Apparently the soft southern trouser wearers think im in an at risk group (although anyone from south of the Cairngorms is a soft southerner really).

Then I will "forget" I'd ever been present at a meeting, ignored my own legal advice, and...oh, thats another thread.

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
In my dreams. Still waiting for my local one, don't see why we need to cross counties.
Same here. No AZ in any local vaccination centre for most of the last week and probably all of next week. The rollout seems to be stalling.

Drago

Legendary Member
Considering it could save my life id have been happy to drive to the moon for it - to complain that id had to travel further than I would for a paper and a pack of Benson's would be churlish. As it was I had to cross a county boundary, but it was still only 6 or 7 miles.

And there is another consideration. The Pfizer vaccine requires ultra cold storage, and many medical centres and even some Hospitals dont have the facilities to handle it. If that's what is available at that moment in time but your area doesn't have the facilities then, yeah, you'll have to wait until the next batch of an alternative becomes available. Thats just the way it is. The numbermof doses being administered is accelerating, so it's hardly stalling.

Slick

Guru
59, and still no word.
Still on the 60's and over and the clinically vulnerable. Shouldn't be long now though. 🤞

roley poley

Über Member
just got a text from the docs saying click on this link to book but as my mobile is so old you wind it up with a key I will have to ring the surgery to talk to a human

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Had mine this week. 50 yrs old.
Suspect it is down to how fast your local gp surgeries are getting through the patient list.
My business partner is 57 and lives 8 miles away but in the same NHS trust area and has not been contacted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom