Over a certain age in England? Book your Covid vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I've got to be honest (at the risk of being flamed) I've got the wobbles over it. And I'm not 'anti-vax' by any stretch.

In all probability, it's simply coincidence that my recent problems (coming pretty much out of the blue) came after my vaccinations. I first went to the docs with (photos of) swollen feet, fatigue and breathing difficulties 1 week after my 2nd jab, 6 weeks after my first. (The feet swelling occurring 3 weeks after the 1st jab)

Now I don't suggest for one moment that the vaccinations caused those problems, but I don't consider it outside the realms of possibility that they exacerbated some underlying condition. (So maybe I should be thankful to the jabs?! :ohmy:)

Point is, it's left me feeling a little wary of having the booster jab. It's not yet a requirement here in France (not for my age group anyway, if you want your 'health passport') but it is being considered... and folks of my age are voluntarily getting jabbed. It might be considered a catch-22 in some ways because someone in my condition might be considered as vulnerable, yet I'm not convinced it wouldn't make matters worse.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Watch the first 10 minutes of the Will Smith film ...... "I am Legend” .... :laugh:
Then go for your jab .....
Emma Thompson tells it how it is ..... ^_^

Had our boosters today, mine using the dart technique (I watched) and I felt it, but absolutely no tenderness now, my wife didn't realise she'd been jabbed (looking away and probably singing) but she now has a slightly tender arm.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I had az in April and June. Anyone know what they’re giving for my booster next month or is it random?

I had AZ earlier this year and had a Moderna booster on Saturday. Started to feel rough that evening and on Sunday, stayed in bed! Aching all over, continuous splitting headache, no energy and no ability to think straight. I was fine by late Sunday evening and to be fair, I was warned at the vaccination centre that 24 hour flu-like symptoms was a common side effect. Looking online, AZ and Moderna looks to be a good combination against the delta variant.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
See if the list of walk-in clinics show any doing both AZ and boosters? However, in the East of England, it looks like only Peterborough and Shefford do, which would be a long trip for those living on the coast.

Yep - tried that but didn't cast my net excessively far. I'd like to be able to walk or cycle........
Have you tried asking your GP?
Indeed I did. The Dragon on the Door wouldn't let me past. She was absolutely appallingly unhelpful, indeed obstructive. I'll try another trick to outflank that barrier when I get the results of my recent echocardiogram. Ultimately I may have to kick the consultant into action.

Alex321

Veteran
I had az in April and June. Anyone know what they’re giving for my booster next month or is it random?
I has AZ in March and May, and had my booster today - Pfizer.

I think each mass vaccination centre is just doing one type. But I also think it is usually different to the one they were giving 6 months ago as first/second dose. All the indications are that the combination is most effective.

Then had my (pre-booked) flu jab on the way home this evening. That had been booked for a couple of months, the covid booster was only booked last Friday.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Indeed I did. The Dragon on the Door wouldn't let me past. She was absolutely appallingly unhelpful, indeed obstructive. I'll try another trick to outflank that barrier when I get the results of my recent echocardiogram. Ultimately I may have to kick the consultant into action.
Well I did outflank that DotD and spoke to a very helpful GP. The surgery are now working flat out ( :ohmy: ) to obtain an AZ for me. :thumbsup:
Still awaiting echocardiogram pronouncement so found another way to get the conversation. :thumbsup:

Landsurfer

Veteran
I’ve had covid .. hospitalised ... rough
I’ve had my 3 jabs ...
But are the government now saying they don’t work ??
Otherwise why are we facing more and more restrictions ?
??
x 2 AZ .. No reaction
x 1 Pfizer ... Bad reaction ..... very ill for a week ... better now ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom