Overnight bike parking / storage in Bristol Parkway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoaki

Hi,

I would like to ask what type of bike locks or storage are available in Bristol Parkway. Also, is it generally safe to leave a bike locked at the station overnight during weekdays, instead of carrying it on the train?

Thank you.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Can you tweet or Facebook GWR? That's one of the stations they manage.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/BPW/details.aspx says 156 spaces in the underground car park. In general, leaving bikes overnight in motorist-accessible spaces at stations is risky and best avoided, else use two good locks properly on a bike you won't be heartbroken if it goes. Also check whether your insurance covers it so at least you don't get a surprise.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
During a few months of 2011, a work colleague who was seconded onto Thames Water, rode his bike from Horfield to Parkway, left it locked up and commuted via train every day of the week!. I worked on the same job but commuted by train & taxi, stayed in the smoke (6 months in Southwark Travelodge....:wacko:). Nothing happened to his bike but ironically, mine got nicked from the work bike shed back in 2014 during a break-in.

Here's Parkway:

parkway.jpg

They used to have sheltered bike storage but there's been building work going on so it's all changed. Frankly, I'd just get a bus or taxi. If you must lock it up, use two locks, remove saddle etc. Worth noting that insurance companies may specify a max time you are allowed to leave it unattended in public - I'm sure Cycleguard is about 12 hours.

Take the bus, Parkway is well serviced.

Top Bottom