Overrated bands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

strofiwimple

Veteran
Anyone who can put the beatles down as overrated are just too young. U2 for me, if for no other reason than having a geetar player called "the edge" pretentious moi????

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
They're not a band to like or dislike. Saying you don't like them simply isn't allowed.
Judging by this thread that's not quite true.

(Oh, I think they are 'a band to like'. I like them a lot.;))

got-to-get-fit

That Katie Perry lass that sings about shagging girls .......she gets on my chumps

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I never got the fuss about Led Zeppelin, they seem pretty average.

Kanye West seems like a bit of a knob too

Christopher

Über Member
The Incredible String Band and Donovan, lord they were terrible: "First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is". How profound.

More modern bands: Keane, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Scouting for Girls. All safe & so boring.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Am I being to controversial by saying Elvis Presley. Most of his early stuff was already being done by Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry and Bill Hayley. Apart from a few gyrations on stage was he really that good?:smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Frustruck said:
"First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is".
:smile: Have to say I do like Donovan, but that certainly has to be a competitor in the 'crappest lyric ever' competition. Along with the whole of that execrable 'I'd rather be a hammer than a nail' song from Simon & Garfunkel (who I also really like).

I think it was the age. Everyone was so wrecked there was no one around to do the 'emporer's new clothes' bit. ("Hate to say it man, but that lyric sucks!")

Top Bottom