Overshoes for Touring

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by jamesxyz, 12 May 2010.

1. jamesxyz

jamesxyz New Member

Anybody recommend some overshoes for touring type shoes like those below. My road shoe overshoes don't fit due to the tight nature of the fit and 'slimmer', less chunky style.
    Not too pricey either would be another factor!!

lake-mx101-med.jpg

2. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

I have some Altura ones which are made of a non stretchy goretex type material. Not able to see them in a quick search but sure there must be some like them. Much roomier than neoprene ones

3. HelenD123

HelenD123 Veteran

I have some cheap Aldi ones and just bought a size bigger to go over the hiking shoes I use for cycling.

4. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

Altura night visions work for me

5. P.H

P.H Über Member

I like the Eager Sport overshoes. Not like anything else, they're made from a waterproof material rather than neoprene. They don't add any warmth. other than blocking the shoes air holes up, they are a lot more waterproof. Useful on tour when you might not have anywhere to dry shoes out. The other touring advantage is they pack small and are light.
    Careful you get the right size, I bought mine from Bike Plus, told them which shoes they were for and they're a good fit.
    http://www.bikeplus.co.uk/graphics/EagerSport_Over_shoes.jpg

6. I ve got a pair of Altura Streams as they were cheap and the velcro closure means they fit all my shoes. There only Windproof though, I believe the Nightvisions have a similar velcro closure, they're a bit more expensive but more waterproof.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice