Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
tried and tested product please

im an all weather cyclist so waterproof required..i know 100% isnt achievable but yh ive been looking and looking

ps mods should make this a sticky..save time

Will be interested in what gets suggested as well as coming into winter. I have a had a reasonable run out of a pair of BBB Waterflex overshoes, but found the best thing to do was to first wrap my shoes in Gladwrap and then put on the overshoe. Probably don't need such a fancy overshoe that way as well.

GetImage.aspx

Andrew

BigTam

Über Member
I cant see past Seal Skinz waterproof socks, yet to get wet feet in them, been out this week in downpours, everything wet but my toes :becool:

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
I cant see past Seal Skinz waterproof socks, yet to get wet feet in them, been out this week in downpours, everything wet but my toes :becool:

so socks then...what about overshoes i know ur selling some what are they like?

ps they too big if not would of said bring them down too:thumbsup:

BigTam

Über Member
Tried them mate, only a couple of times, still prefer the Seal Skinz, I actually stood in a bucket of water, to just a half inch under the top, feet dry as a bone.

BigTam

Über Member
With road shoes on, I dont think the overshoes are the issue, its the vent hole in the bottom, thats why for me the Seal Skinz are the biz.

stu1903

Über Member
I just bought the Overshoes off Tam. It's the same ones as I currently use but mine are worn and burst. I also wear SealSkinz Socks.

The Endura Road Overshoes keep my feet warm and dry on top but the two air vents I have on the sole of my Shimano SPD-SL shoes let some water in off the road so the Sealskinz keep the feet dry from that.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
haha :laugh:

aite cheers guys

if i find a good deal on both..ill get them together..thats that sorted....hmm what next

BigTam

Über Member
I just bought the Overshoes off Tam. It's the same ones as I currently use but mine are worn and burst. I also wear SealSkinz Socks.

The Endura Road Overshoes keep my feet warm and dry on top but the two air vents I have on the sole of my Shimano SPD-SL shoes let some water in off the road so the Sealskinz keep the feet dry from that.

As you say Stu the water gets in through the vents and if wearing normal cycling socks with overshoes on, then the socks just wick up the water, I was going to do the same as you, both Seal Skinz and overshoes, but found the SS's doing the business on thier own.

stu1903

Über Member
As you say Stu the water gets in through the vents and if wearing normal cycling socks with overshoes on, then the socks just wick up the water, I was going to do the same as you, both Seal Skinz and overshoes, but found the SS's doing the business on thier own.
As long as my toes and fingers are warm I'm a happy cyclist! Lol

What are you doing that stops the water coming in? Some tips would be handy. :sad:

When I tried them I ended up giving my feet a good bath. They now sit in my sock draw unused and I would love to get some value out of them. I have read of others with the same issue as well.

Andrew

endoman

Have some endura windtex ones in club colours, lasted about a week before holes appeared, now use them as a top layer over some Mavic pro h20 as the Maviv doesn't seal around the top but the endura does, both are thin but this way if wet I stay pretty much dry. Nice and warm, but will be looking for a better solution for next winter.

Svendo

Guru
I've used endura road overshoes for a while. They keep your feet insulated even when water has eventually seeped in. In heavy rain they keep feet dry for about 45 minutes (without mudguards). This does require taping up the vents in the shoes soles with gaffer tape. I presume water gets wicked from below round the shoe but mainly comes down the tights or socks from above.

They are fairly fragile though, neoprene is easily nicked by sharp chain rings etc. Also I've repaired the left toe where I normally touch down more than once, but it does get a lo of wear. My current pair have also been holed extensively by a sliding crash, and need replacing.

The one real design fault in my opinion is the strap at the top doesn't have normal velcro hooks but some type of plastic pillars with a mushroom top, that just doesn't grip the loop fuzz properly, so I often find I'm having to push it back on, and this gets frustrating. It was proper velcro on the first pair I had.

To replace the endura's I thought I'd try a similar version from another brand, so got the BBB Hardwear BWS04, but when the 43-44 sized pair arrived they were too big for my size 44 shoes, baggy at the front and not a snug tight fit like the large endura's had been. I'm currently waiting for an exchange for the next size down. They seem to be basically the same, slightly bigger openings at the bottom, but still within he hard sole, but PROPER VELCRO! so hopefully they'll be as warm and waterproof.

That is pretty much all my overshoe knowledge from personal experience.

U

User482

I'm not a fan of the endura overshoes - they damage very easily and make my feet feel clammy on longer rides.

Top Bottom