Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
BBB Hardware Aquashields (PU coated neoprene).

Had these 3 years now for commuting, totally waterproof (in heavy rain I use overtrousers too). They wear well. The toe on the foot I put down most has worn, but I fixed whis with a large rectangular puncture patch - just stuck it on.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I do love my Sealskinz headwear for cycling and the socks sound fantastic !. I never tried the socks and I like the idea .....

Though as the don't let water in, how do they let moisture out, what are they like spending 12 hours in the saddle ?

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've got Sealskinz socks and wear endura overshoes with them. I find that with just the socks on then the water from the front wheel just runs down my leg into the top of the sock and then puddles under my foot. The dual cuff provided by the overshoes and the socks stops most of this but I'm still drying my socks out today!! :rain:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've had several pairs of overshoes, Endura were OK, but the best ones have been Pro New Classic neoprene. Seem to be better made and last longer than Endura.

Having said that, I've decided that for next winter I'm going to buy a proper pair of waterproof winter boots. The overshoes are never 100% sucessful at keeping out water/cold, wear out very quickly and at £25 a pop make a pair of £100 boots look like good value.

phil120867

Über Member
i have sealskinz and endura overshoes and i still get wet. I'm probably going to have to replace them if it keeps raining. 34 miles on the fixie today was wet through after about 10 mins. Sealskinz work for a bit but die quickly if you wash and dry them (which you must) and the zips on the enduras go very quickly too. I've tried other solutions but i think the best solution would be winter boots, I just can't afford a pair!http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=68459

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sealskinz work for a bit but die quickly if you wash and dry them (which you must) and the zips on the enduras go very quickly too. I've tried other solutions but i think the best solution would be winter boots, I just can't afford a pair!

What do you mean?
My Sealskinz socks are 2 years old now and are washed after every ride I use them. They are still as good as new.

What do you mean?
My Sealskinz socks are 2 years old now and are washed after every ride I use them. They are still as good as new.

My Sealskinz are circa 4 years old and washed after rides (but I do only tend to wear them when its going to be wet or cold, not every ride) and they are only just becoming loose round the tops of ankles the rest of the socks seem fine though.

phil120867

Über Member
all 3 of mine have either gone at the toe or just let water in through the top within weeks. I use them now like a wetsuit, they let the water in and keep it there so it gets warm.

phil120867

Über Member
all 3 of mine have either gone at the toe or just let water in through the top within weeks. I use them now like a wetsuit, they let the water in and keep it there so it gets warm.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
so no water runs down anyones legs and down into the socks? My experience is that all of the above minimises at best, when its chucking it down water runs down your legs and past the over shoes and sealskinz socks. What you do end up with though is warm water in side your shoes :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
so no water runs down anyones legs and down into the socks? My experience is that all of the above minimises at best, when its chucking it down water runs down your legs and past the over shoes and sealskinz socks. What you do end up with though is warm water in side your shoes :laugh:

Nope, they work perfect for me. But I have heard this complaint from cycling buddy Martint238 of this parish.

Top Bottom