Overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Nope, they work perfect for me. But I have heard this complaint from cycling buddy Martint238 of this parish.

warm water...I suppose that's makes up for something eh?
Well it's warm eventually! On the FNRttC to Emsworth, my feet got soaked despite having Enduras, sealskinz socks and max repel longs on. I think there comes a point where you're going to get wet whatever. All you're trying to do is prolong the dry bit.

That said, once you have water in your sealskinz you can forget having dry feet. My feet were still wet when I took my socks off at 4pm (it stopped raining about 2.30am I think)

rb58

Enigma
^^
This happened to me on the Emsworth ride too. I also had Sealskins and Enduro overshoes. I took an alternative approach and at the half way stop (24 hour Tesco) I bought a pack of cheap socks. I used one pair to dry my feet, then wore two pairs and covered them with the plastic bags you put your veg in, which allowed me to use my very wet shoes without getting my new dry socks wet again. I was dry and toasty for the rest of the ride.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Strangely my shoes stayed relatively dry. All the water ingress was through the top of the sealskinz thereby forming a puddle around my feet but away from my shoes.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Strangely my shoes stayed relatively dry. All the water ingress was through the top of the sealskinz thereby forming a puddle around my feet but away from my shoes.

thats the problem the design is flawed when it comes to top of it, how does it fairif you wore long and place on top of the overshoes

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I might gaffa tape the tops of my sealskinz up tomorrow if its chucking it down!
I saw someone do virtually the same. He was riding a smashed up bike and was wearing a mortar-splashed construction industry hi-viz waistcoat. He wasn't using SealSkinz, just a pair of Lidl plastic carrier bags that he had generously gaffer-taped to the middle of his very hairy calves.

Respect.

Top Bottom