overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I suspect that once you try road pedals you won't feel the need to ask those questions anymore.
i used to use road pedals on my giant and my raleigh and tbh at my level of cycliing i notice no difference whatsoever between spd's and spd-sl pedals - both clip my feet to the bike and both feel equally as comfortable

thats just my honest and not so experienced opinion as i've only been cycling two years

jowwy

I picked up some neoprene overshoes (as well as a load of other kit) for free last night, so it looks like overshoes is by far the cheapest option, feeling pretty smug with that!
you professional cyclists are so pampered :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
you professional cyclists are so pampered :thumbsup:

Hah, I wish! Going to be a full pro kit self-gratification artist though as I got a load of Team GB kit from a friend of a friend who is a team rider. Wouldn't normally wear team kit, but when you get offered a free, brand new team issue skinsuit and winter jacket, you would be hard headed to turn it down.

jowwy

Hah, I wish! Going to be a full pro kit w***** though as I got a load of Team GB kit from a friend of a friend who is a team rider. Wouldn't normally wear team kit, but when you can get offered a free, brand new team issue skinsuit and winter jacket, you would be hard headed to turn it down.
very true rob - nice pick up to

jowwy

Northwave Fondo SRS Road Shoe

Top Features of the Northwave Fondo SRS Road Shoe
The Touring sole offers the right level of stiffness, compliance and weight for high mileage applications and also provides a stable walking action off the bike.
S.R.S. (Slim Ratchet System) is an innovative micrometric buckle that ensures precise and stable closure.
An ergonomically designed arch support for optimum comfort and positioning when pedalling.
The omega heel provides excellent security and maximum protection combined with the advantage of low weight.
710 grams

Fondo-SRS-Road-Shoe.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
some random clipless some known make trainers cheap and i use them for cycling and a bit of running
am considering overshoes due to wet feet syndrome!
Cheers Ed

choplee

SPD road shoes is an oxymoron.

I am sure that SPDs work for your commute, but I'd not really want to ride them on the road in any serious context. There is just not enough support for balls out efforts.

what pedals and shoes you sporting VamP .?

Venod

Eh up
i used to use road pedals on my giant and my raleigh and tbh at my level of cycliing i notice no difference whatsoever between spd's and spd-sl pedals - both clip my feet to the bike and both feel equally as comfortable

thats just my honest and not so experienced opinion as i've only been cycling two years

I used to use toe straps, then Look road pedals, I now use spd's on all my bikes and can't tell any difference except I can walk in the shoes, they seem just as stiff as any other shoes I have had.

Top Bottom