overshoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I just use one pair of £50 Northwave shoes that live in the boiler cupboard to dry them out! If they are really wet, I pull the inner sole out and stuff them with newspaper before putting them in the cupboard.

What are your summer shoes Jowwy?
Mavic Furys - i like a bit of colour rob3rt, i did have plain black louise garnaue (spelling sh*t) but i hated them

upload_2014-1-7_14-26-11.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mavic Fury on a road bike - gadzooks :stop: MTB shoes !!!

Overshoes for me, thought about boots, but couldn't be bothered. Use Northwave MTB shoes for commute and MTB, have a spare old pair of Addidas MTB shoes that I never use, and have rationalised my road shoes to just one pair, Spesh BG Pro Carbon (didn't like the S Works Boa) (binned some Sidi Genius 2's and Diadora shoes as they got too tight).

Choise of overshoe BBB BWS 04 - Heardwear Aquashield (as hinted above) or when it's not cold, a pair of Northwave waterproof overshoes in a lightweight PU material.

Tempted with winter boots, but would still use overshoes to keep the water out.

jowwy

Mavic Fury on a road bike - gadzooks :stop: MTB shoes !!!

Overshoes for me, thought about boots, but couldn't be bothered. Use Northwave MTB shoes for commute and MTB, have a spare old pair of Addidas MTB shoes that I never use, and have rationalised my road shoes to just one pair, Spesh BG Pro Carbon (didn't like the S Works Boa) (binned some Sidi Genius 2's and Diadora shoes as they got too tight).

Choise of overshoe BBB BWS 04 - Heardwear Aquashield (as hinted above) or when it's not cold, a pair of Northwave waterproof overshoes in a lightweight PU material.

Tempted with winter boots, but would still use overshoes to keep the water out.
So what do you commute on @fossyant

I use spd's on all my bikes and have a longish walk from bike shed to office door, so the spd mtb shoe is easier to walk in.

But personally i just see them as cycling shoes.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So what do you commute on @fossyant

I use spd's on all my bikes and have a longish walk from bike shed to office door, so the spd mtb shoe is easier to walk in.

But personally i just see them as cycling shoes.

XT SPDs to commute and MTB, but Road bikes need Road pedals - Look Carbon Pro or C Record Carbon pedals ! :tongue::whistle:

SPD pedals especially don't go with Zipps young man ! Total sin !:biggrin:

VamP

Banned
I use the same shoes all year round, and I have a pair of Sidi's. IMO the shoes don't get that much wear and tear from the weather once they are snugly wrapped in some overshoes.

As to the Fury's they are positively designed to get wet and muddy! One of the best cyclocross shoes there is!

As to types of shoes - road shoes on road bikes, off road shoes on off road bikes - where is the room for confusion?

jowwy

I use the same shoes all year round, and I have a pair of Sidi's. IMO the shoes don't get that much wear and tear from the weather once they are snugly wrapped in some overshoes.

As to the Fury's they are positively designed to get wet and muddy! One of the best cyclocross shoes there is!

As to types of shoes - road shoes on road bikes, off road shoes on off road bikes - where is the room for confusion?
I'm not confused :thumbsup:

jowwy

XT SPDs to commute and MTB, but Road bikes need Road pedals - Look Carbon Pro or C Record Carbon pedals ! :tongue::whistle:

SPD pedals especially don't go with Zipps young man ! Total sin !:biggrin:
Cant remember the last time i was called a young man - Thanks @fossyant

Custom24

Über Member
I have two pairs of Endura Luminite overshoes. The first pair is now pretty ragged and is just kept in the office for emergencies. I find they last about six months of daily use if you are careful. They also cost about £25 per pair. They do keep my feet nice and dry. They are a b*tard to put on - very tight. I'd recommend trying on a pair over the shoes you intend to use them with. I might try the MT500 next time as they look more rugged like they might last longer.

I also have a pair of Aldi overshoes, which were about £7. They look a little bit better than bin bags, but they've stood up to a few uses, and they are just as good at keeping my feet dry as the Endura ones. I will buy some more when they come back in if I am passing.

I find with overshoes that the water still comes in from the cleat at the bottom of my shoe if I ride through a massive puddle. Probably because there are two sets of bolt holes on my cleats, and I've never gotten round to sealing up the one which is not in use.

VamP

Banned
SPD road shoes is an oxymoron.

I am sure that SPDs work for your commute, but I'd not really want to ride them on the road in any serious context. There is just not enough support for balls out efforts.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I picked up some neoprene overshoes (as well as a load of other kit) for free last night, so it looks like overshoes is by far the cheapest option, feeling pretty smug with that!

jowwy

SPD road shoes is an oxymoron.

I am sure that SPDs work for your commute, but I'd not really want to ride them on the road in any serious context. There is just not enough support for balls out efforts.
I dont do any racing vamp - all my rides are for recreation and fresh air - if and when i start tt-ing then i'll get road specific shoes and sl's

But what did people use before spd's and speedplay, spd-sl etc etc come out????

Top Bottom