Ow much - ? !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Stopped by an Aston Martin dealer last night. Whilst munching our crisps, noticed a couple of models in the window ( no idea which particular ones ). One was priced at £121,000 and the other simply had P.O.A. on the info board.
Hmm. :whistle:

There is a car dealer near me called Acklam Car Garage where prices start at £24k and go up to £279k, considering the average house value is circa £150k I wonder how on earth they have stayed in business!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
There is a car dealer near me called Acklam Car Garage where prices start at £24k and go up to £279k, considering the average house value is circa £150k I wonder how on earth they have stayed in business!!

i had to google the garage to check location and prices ! i thought we lived in a cheap area and a standard 3 bed semi is going north of 200 k now

figbat

Slippery scientist
Just up the road from me is a dealer that sells Aston Martins, Bentleys and Lamborghinis. They tend not to be so vulgar as to put the prices on the screens.

A few years back they had a Spyker C8 in, presumably as a trade-in. Quirky thing, not my cup of tea but nice to see one.

gbb

Legendary Member
The people that can afford to buy and run Astons and Bentleys etc, probably don't care about depreciation.
Our former MD had a Bentley cost over £200k over 10 years ago, when he traded it in for his Continental, we calculated it to be nearly £2000 a WEEK depreciation.
Its all on the company books of course in many cases, the company bears the cost.

i had to google the garage to check location and prices ! i thought we lived in a cheap area and a standard 3 bed semi is going north of 200 k now
Home of the cheapest house in the UK. Ha ha. To be fair prices range from £50k to north of £400k depending upon the estate.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Stopped by an Aston Martin dealer last night.
And at this particular dealer, with petrol in the area generally around the £1.65 - £1.70 mark, theirs was £1.85. Obviously a lot of affluent folk in the area - ! And as the location can at best be described as a large village.
Nuff said - ! :laugh:

gzoom

Über Member
Aston Martins have always been expensive haven't they? Its an aspirational product......however a bog standard family Skoda where you will get £1 change from £70,000, I would say a £121,000 for an Aston Martin seems cheap in comparison!

ZkiC4KX6.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
Problem with Astons is they raid Fords reject bin for various switch gear. Ive driven a Vantage, blooming shocking quality.

Remember driving a DB7 and thinking the same. Crappy plastic Ford locking barrel on the outside and a Granada ignition key (equipped with early 90's torch), Granada window switches etc.

It was some years ago so things may have changed.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Aston Martins have always been expensive haven't they? Its an aspirational product......however a bog standard family Skoda where you will get £1 change from £70,000, I would say a £121,000 for an Aston Martin seems cheap in comparison!

View attachment 646206
Yeahbut tell someone you’ve got a Skoda and it’s like saying you’ve got a chair, but tell someone you’ve got an Aston……

Jody

Stubborn git

EV's aren't cheap

Starting price for that model is £45k so the one shown must be specced heavily. It's far from a bog standard car.

https://www.skoda.co.uk/new-cars/enyaq-iv/sportline

Top Bottom