Own up-films that make you blub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Pretty Women!!! My lord, that's not just bollocks, it's offensive bollocks. I walked out because it angered me so much. 'Good Will Hunting' is the only other film I've walked out on, so it's not like I'm in the habit of doing it.

bobg

Über Member
Audrey Tatou in The Long Engagement
The piano piece in the remains of Prague in The Pianist
John Wayne and the little boy on the beach in Green Berets
- Slightly off topic cos its a song but " Old Shep the Sheepdog"

buggi

Bird Saviour
Once watched a film called "who will look after my children" (i think that's the title) about a mother with about 10 kids who discovers she is dieing and has to find a home for each of her children before she dies. Dad is a drunk and couldn't cope.

Cried all the way through... it was heartwrenching... and you couldn't even kid yourself it was just a film coz it was a true story.

i'm welling up just thinking about it.

spindrift

Atonement. Just watched it illegally on the net. Resolutely faithful to the book and heartrending, staggering, and I was ready to hate it cos the director is shagging Rosamund Pike, the bastard. Outrageous steadicam at 1.02. Pisses on Scorcese.

A wonderful book and an incredible fillum, and i don't particularly like ironing board Keira.

The point is... there is no atonement, it's an exercise in valediction or apology. Hope that isn't a spoiler. You can't escape your destiny cos what you do is your destiny. Every shitty little thing.

And yes, i watched The Railway Children on ITV 2 today, but I didn't sniffle, there's a lot of hay fever around from the forsythia, ok? makes the eyes water.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Kestevan said:
Ring of Bright Water

Think that's the only one that really got through.... although I was about 8
Agreed, as a kid I just couldn't believe that a movie could have such a sad ending...

'Born Free' had its moments too.

If I tell you do you PROMISE not to laugh....?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
As a kid there was this beautiful Australian TV series, I think, called Storm Boy, about a boy who lived on some isolated beach and had a pet pelican, which got killed. That made me cry. I still have the novelisation somewhere.

Top Bottom